Saturday, February 9, 2008

Birthday Luncheon!


Yesterday I had a wonderful lunch with my mother-in-law! She set the luncheon to honor the birthdays of her daughter, Stacey (my sister-in-law) and Stacey's daughter Monique and Alice's niece, Linda. She also invited my sweet Brittany and Linda's daughter Bridgett. In the picture from left to right it is Alice, Brittany, Linda, Bridgett, Monique, Stacey and myself.

We all met at a very fancy restaurant for this beautiful girl’s lunch. I had to work, so we met at a restaurant across the street from the hospital, which was very convenient for me! It was a very fancy and upscale restaurant, which was so very special and it was such a delight because Alice paid for all of our meals! The food was wonderful (I was good and had a salad!) and the conversation was marvelous.

I am just so, so, so blessed with my dear mother-in-law, Alice. She is such a lovely woman and has taught me so much. She is a great role model to me. She loves to dress up and do girly things, yet she is very active and has always loved hiking, playing tennis and waterskiing, etc. She loves to entertain and cook and is an excellent cook! She is a godly woman and she has taught me so much. She has been a wonderful mother-in-law and I have learned so much from her on how I want to be some day as a mother-in-law and grandmother.

I thank God for blessing me with such a wonderful mother-in-law!

"I thank my God every time I remember you." Philipians 1:3

~ Sharon

9 comments:

Feathering My Nest said...

You are truly blessed with Alice. I love her too, and appreciate her inspiration as a role model. I am so glad you a had together.

Love, Kathi

MyJourneyBack said...

Sharon what a lovely day you must have had. You are extremely blessed to have such a wonderful mother in law. I wish someday that will be said of me. Thanks for visiting me this morning at my journey. I loved your garland the other day I am going to add it to the Valentines Day Party. Have a great weekend. I really need to sew but think I'll read here awhile and listen to your music. Blessings.

nannykim said...

As I have said before, you are blessed! Ps. looks like you were dressed up too!

Yolanda said...

Sharon,
Where are you ? I am in Mc MInnville. So glad to always find bloggers from Oregon.

Brenda said...

Looks like an awsome time. You look beautiful. Great that you have a mother-in-law tat is so special. But I bet she is happy with what she got in return.

jennifer said...

Isn't it nice to have a great mother in law? I was blessed too. Have a good week next week - Jennifer

Laura said...

How fun! You are lucky to have a great mother-in-law and for all of your family close. We are all scattered about. :-(

Mary said...

God sent you a wonderful MIL. Enjoy her. Her plan to have this lovely luncheon was perfect. You all look very happy.

Blessings,
Mary

SweetAnnee said...

Sharon dearest..
your smile always shines!!
love ya
Deena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...