Monday, January 7, 2008

Walking With The Lord

It is a new year and time to start those resolutions. One of mine was to get back into exercising, and this morning I did! I met one of my walking partners, Shelley (the other one, Nicole, was not feeling well) at O dark thirty (5:55 am) and we walked for 45 minutes. It snowed a little last night and there was ice all over the roads, it was really cold and slippery!

We started doing this the first part of November and we were really faithful about it until a few days before Christmas. We walk three days a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It felt so good to get out there again. We briskly walk about 3 miles. Shelley and Nicole are really neat Christian women and we have the best talks on our walks. It is good for the body, spirit and soul! I am ashamed to tell you that I am already sore from it though......that reveals how out of shape I am and it is sad that I got so out of shape in just three weeks of not doing it! Oh well, that just shows me how important exersize is and truly if you don't use it, you'll lose it!

"But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin". I John 1:7

Hugs! Sharon


13 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

I'd love to walk with you.
Today was a great day for it
here!!

deena

Denise said...

I love to walk,, got to get started again.. Weather here is wonderful...... for a while anyway.. but I sure do need to find someone to walk with... I am sooooooooo out of shape... soooooo you have inspired me...

Leigh said...

Walking with true friends sounds nice, even if the weather is not!

Cottage Contessa said...

Good for you! What a great way to start the day.....and the year!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Mimi said...

good for you... starting back up with your walking...not only good for the body ... but good for the spirit...
congratulations on your burst of energy...
Mimi

Kristen said...

Good for you Sharon! I can't wait till I can get at exercising again. I have to wait for the ok from the doc due to my back injury, but it is so invigorating. The best part is definitely the good Christian friends that you can have wonderful conversation while you walk! So much fun! Keep it up!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Sharon.....you made me LOL really hard!! A new Baby...don't you know how OLD I am??? LOL

I know your comments are private so I'll tell you...then if you can delete it I'd appreciate it...

I'm Having another giveaway. Shhhh...don't tell~ it's for BBF's only...Best Blogger Friends....my last giveaway brought people out of the woodwork and I never heard from them again after that...well...a few lingered. But I am celebrating my 100th post and I only want to share it with the bloggers who visit me~ inspire me~and the ones I love~~tee hee.

I was actually going to post it yesterday but I had a CRAP day so I will post it later....
Love,
Robin

Feathering My Nest said...

I wish I could walk with you too. It would be great to get the fresh air and exercise as well as a chance to share our hearts, and to pray together. I'm so glad I get to talk on the phone once in awhile with you. Thanks for all your encouragement. Hugs, Kathi

nannykim said...

I love walking too; but the thing that is so weird about pace walking on the hard surfaces (which I do---and it may not have anything to do with the hard surfaces, but with age!) is that I have to make sure I stretch my whole body after words. My muscles tighten up big big time---especially the back muscles!! Weird. My husband is used to jogging , but when he walks with me he complains about my pace--to fast for a walk and to slow for his jogging---plus , even though he is in shape he gets aches in weird places from the walking. I find I always ache a bit---but I think it is mostly from the tight muscles---guess it is partial due to age??

Kelli said...

Good for you, Sharon! It's so nice to have friends to walk and chat with!
Hugs,
Kelli

Brenda said...

Grayson is a doll...wish I had another daughter=( i went to the Dr. Phill site he wasn't to hard on you guys, but I can tell Grayson is to sweet to hurt a flea.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Sharon...I know how you feel...the Holidays ruined me! LOL

I am back on track as of yesterday so maybe I'll get to buy a new swimsuit THIS year!
Hugs,
Robin

Jan Parrish said...

How wonderful to have Christian women to walk with. That is too early for me. In fact, it's 2:30 AM and I am about to turn in. Can you tell there will be no early morning walks for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...