Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sunday Family Dinner

On Sunday afternoon I made a big turkey, potatoes, gravy, rolls, green beans and make a chocolate cake for our dinner. I also served my husband's homemade applesauce. I cheated on the rolls and the potatoes, but I made the homemade gravy!

When I cook like this I am in domestic bliss! I love cooking for my family, but I don't usually have time to go all out. I used to be a bit of a snob with things like real potatoes versus instant, but with my busy schedule I have changed my mind about such things. Some of the new products taste so good and taste very much like homemade, like the frozen dough balls that you defrost and let rise and then bake, they taste exactly like homemade rolls.

The turkey turned out delicious. I always cook them in a bag and they turn out so juicy and tender.

Here is a picture of the table. Unfortunately it is a little blurry. I don't know what is going on with my camera, but lately I am getting some photos that are blurry and I don't know why. My eyes are so bad that when I look on my little screen on the camera, they look okay to me and I don't realize they are blurry until after the event when I load them on my computer, so I can't take another one! BUMMER!
Here are two of the reasons we had the big special dinner, Grayson invited a special guest to meet the family. They are good friends. He is being very wise and taking things really slow. She is a good little Christian girl and we like her. She fit right in with us. It's neat because her parents like Grayson too!

All the gang.....except Cameron, he had to work :0(

Now I'm in the picture and Brittany is not because she is taking it. We had a fun night. We watched Back to the Future and visited.

"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones." Proverbs 15:30

~ Sharon


10 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Sharon..it looks like it was a wonderful family dinner! I use cheater rolls too...they are better than my own!!
Hugs,
Robin

Liz said...

Ok, I'm ready for dinner and it's only 9:30 in the morning. Delicious! Good for Grayson for going slow, there's plenty of time! My baby sister (18) keeps shying away from seriousness. Is my dad relieved? Yep. :)

Brenda said...

Sharon you are such a special mom and lady. Hope Graysons guest appreciated it.
Now the meal really looks yummy while I sit here and eat greenbeans for breakfast hehe. Throw me a roll mister lol

Mimi said...

what a great family get together... and a very nice way for Grayson's friend to get to know the family in a relaxed setting...and what a wonderful meal you prepared... of course you told her it was just your ole every day meal ... right??? he he
:0)
Mimi

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
Your dinner looks so delicious! I know what you mean about the blurry pictures, I have the same problem. They need to make a screen that's magnified to make it easier for us, don't you think?
Love, Velvia

Cottage Contessa said...

Sharon, your home, your family, the food....everything looks so wonderful! I love reading posts about your home and family life, it's the epitomy of what family is! You are very blessed sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Kristen said...

OK, YUMMMMM! I too enjoy having turkey dinner not only near the holidays! However, our moving adventure will keep me from this yummy feast for a week or so! :) Your family just sounds wonderful! It is so amazing that you maintain such a close relationship! Sounds like a wonderful time together!

Shelley said...

Hi Sharon, you have such a lovely family and the meal you prepared for them looks wonderful. How blessed you all are. Your son and his young lady look as if they are a match made in heaven. Good luck to them.

Blessings,Shelley

Feathering My Nest said...

What a delicious meal. Your table is very pretty too. I'm so happy Grayson has a nice girl to bring to your family table. I really love the way you have family time together. You are a good mother and home-maker. Love ya, Kathi

Heart4MyHome said...

Oh how lovely everything looks. I really like your dining room decorating. The china hutch is gorgeous. And the table linens and decor are so beautiful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...