Saturday, January 26, 2008

Pray for Deena

Please lift Deena up in prayer. You can read her about her journey of battling breast cancer on her blog Can I be Pretty In Pink? She received devastating news yesterday and needs prayer and could use some encouragement and inspiration. She writes in her blog that yesterday she found out "The cancer is in stage 4..in more lymphs thru my body, my adrenal glands, another 1 cm node to the left of my aorta,in my 9th rib..rib is breaking down..in my spine and numerous areas of my skeleton (bones)."


"Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? he should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with the oil in the name of the Lord." James 5:13


"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

Deena was just like you and I, just living her life, enjoying everything in this life that God has blessed her with. She was just moving a long living in her gorgeous home with her sweet hubby and enjoying her kids and grandchildren, having ups and downs like all of us, until one day in October 24, 2007 learned that she had breast cancer. That was only three months ago! She could be any of us, it could be me or it could be you. Three and a half months ago she was just going along living her life and she had no idea what battled was waiting, lying there in the road ahead of her.

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." Isaiah 43:2


I only know Deena through blogging, yet I feel like she is such a close friend. Deena is a wonderful Christian woman with such strong faith. She is trusting in God through her journey. She is inspirational and encouraging to me and I am sure all of her friends and people who read her blog. In the Bible, Jesus says "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18:19-20. Let's all gather and lift Deena up in prayer.

Deena, the picture and scripture below is for you. I hope it gives you encouragement. It is a picture of you in our loving Father in Heaven's hands. He is with you.



"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.' Surely He will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and protection." Psalm 91:1-4


Sincerely ~ Sharon

P.S. I am switching my default song to Casting Crowns "I will praise You in this storm" for Deena.


"Praise You In This Storm"

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth


14 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

Thank you sooooo much!!
I'm keeping my Mac on this lovely music
..
you are such a treasured friend.!!
lovingly, Deena

Sara said...

Beautiful! What a perfect song!
Praying for you Deena!
HUGS
Sara

Mimi said...

such a perfect song...thanks for the posting about Deena...it is important for her to know that we all love her and are praying for her

Charlotte said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and for the comment you left. It drew me to your blog and this beautiful post about Deena. I know it plus the beautiful music will be a great comfort to her. We have a great God and he does care about his children. I will pray for Deena.

BittersweetPunkin said...

So sweet of you Sharon...our friend Deena holds a special place in my heart...yesterday was especially difficult....I believe in the power of prayer.
Hugs,
Robin

Denise said...

I come into agreement with you Sharon.

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. Mat. 18:9

I come into agreement with Sharon this day Father God as touching Deena..... We come against that cancer and just as you cursed that fig tree and it died at the root.... We curse the roots of this cancer and speak to it in the name of Jesus to die.......We trust you and we believe you to touch and heal our sister Deena...
In Jesus name we pray...

Sharon said...

In Jesus name, amen.

What a beautiful prayer Denise.

Rachel said...

Praying for Deena. Thank you Sharon for bringing this to our attention. May God bless you!

Sondra said...

I will be praying for Deena also.

Brenda said...

Thanks for reminding me, I did pray for her before,It seems blogland has so much going on right now with sickness and babies. We are blessed .
Im sitting on edge waiting to see your beautiful room.
Brenda

cookiesunshine said...

Deena is in my prayers.
Love,
Cookie

nannykim said...

I've been praying continually for her.

jennifer said...

Oh Sharon. This is tough. I will definitely pray for her. God knows every need of her body and every need of her heart. Thanks for letting us know - Jennifer

Feathering My Nest said...

I am praying for Deena. This is a lovely post reminding all of us to keep her in our prayers. I like it so much that she said that all stages of this cancer have been cured and that she is a fighter. God is so big, and we will stand with her in prayer. ~Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...