Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year's Resolutions


There is something so refreshing about being able to start again with a new year. I know I should and could start these things anytime during the year, but for some reason, when we start a brand new year, it is such a great motivator to really try to achieve some of my goals. This year I have several things I would like to accomplish and I have listed them below. I thought that perhaps if I publish my list it will give me even more motivation to make my goals!

UPDATE 1/1/09 - It has been one year since I wrote these resolutions. Let's see how I did. I will change the text to Green on the ones that I actually did. If it is purple I did it half way, if it is left black than, sadly, I did not accomplish the goal.



1. Strive to live for the LORD every day! Show the Lord's joy and love in all that I do. Have a servant's heart. Appreciate everything that God has given me and have a thankful heart.


2. Organize and clean every inch of my home! I have lots of closets and cupboards that are in need of deep cleaning. It seems overwhelming, but I need to get it done!



3. Complete the domino effect that happened to our home when Mackenzie and Cameron moved out. Grayson and Hayden switched rooms and we need to do all the detail work for their rooms (like get new lamps and small pieces of furniture). Also, I need to set up our new home office and our new guest room.



4. Get back into exercising again and perhaps lose a few pounds. Walk three days a week for 45 minutes and do push-ups and sit-ups. In November I started walking with two friends and we were really faithful about it. We did it until the Friday before Christmas and have not done it since then. We plan on starting again on Monday!



5. Eat better! Eat my 9 servings of fruits and vegetables every day! Drink at least 40 ounces of water on top of my other fluids every day. Eat more fiber! Cut back my sugar intake.



6. Bake more for my husband.



7. Get more into cooking. I love to cook, but where I fall short is the planning part and then I end up throwing something together. I would like to organize my recipes and cook really good meals more often than not!



8. I would really like to be able to find our dream home, but I realize that this is all in the Lord's hands. I pray that He will help me to be patient as I wait. Help me to appreciate my home that I have and just give it all to Him. I pray that He will keep us here if that is what is His will for us. I pray that I can have the right attitude about this and really, truly give it all to Him! 2009 note: We did not find a home, but I did wait patiently and Eric and I decided that due to the economy we are putting this on hold. I feel like I did have the right attitude.



9. I would like to learn how to play cribbage so I can play with Hayden. He really loves it and I have tried a few times and I really stink at it! I just don't get it, but I would really love to be able to play with him.


10. Keep on blogging and making new friends through blogging! Also, not spend too much time on blogging - I have found that time just slips by when I start reading other people's blogs and chat with everyone, so I need to set limits. As they say, everything in moderation!

11. Stick to my budget.

12. Catch up the family photos from June 2004 to current. This is a biggy! I have a huge box full of photos and somewhere during that time we went digital, so I have a ton on the computer that I need to get printed. I want to go on line to Wal-Mart and send them all my photos and have them printed at our local store. This has been on my to do list for 3-1/2 years! I am really under the gun hear because I need to get the photos caught up so I can make Grayson's scrapbook when he graduates next year. Pressure! Note from 2009: I feel like I did really well on this. I got all the photos that were boxed up from 2004 up through 2006 organized and into albums. Now I am left with 2007 to current that are in the computer that I need to download to Wal-Mart. I did make a start with this by setting up an account with Wal-Mart and I did a test sample. I will finish this in 2009!

I guess that is all for now. I will probably find more things, but if I get too many things on my list I start feeling overwhelmed! I hope that all of you can meet your goals for 2008 too!

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." Isaiah 43:2

~ Sharon

3 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Today is the day! I just saw a commercial for the Dr. Phil show...I will be watching!!!
Love,
Robin

nannykim said...

cleaning cabinets and closets---something I need to do many times a year---I think there is a gremlin in my house!

Sondra said...

I need to organize my recipes too. I have so many and ones I have just cut out of magazines. They are all in an old picinic basket but it is such a mess and I never want to dig thru them. Same goes for my photos. I want to get some scrapbooking done too. You got a big list there! Big goals! I know time flies when you are blogging but make sure you still have time for all of us :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...