Saturday, January 12, 2008

My Weekend Plans

I am planning one of those weekends where you mainly clean and get little jobs and errands done. Here is my list:

1. Do all my regular housework, i.e., clean kitchen, sweep, vacuum, clean three toilets, catch up laundry, etc. DONE

2. Plan my dinner menus for the next two weeks and make my grocery list. I don't think I'll have time to shop, but just getting the list done is nice! PARTIALLY DONE, MENUS DONE, BUT NOT GROCERY LIST

3. Balance my checkbook. DONE

4. Take Hayden to town to get him new shoes. DONE

4. Write my belated thank you notes from Christmas and get them mailed off. DONE



5. Catch up on my new Beth Moore Bible study. DONE

6. Going on a dinner date with my husband Saturday night. DONE

7. Go to church with my family on Sunday morning. DONE

8. If I have time, work on my spare bedroom! I got a lot accomplished on it on Thursday, but still have a lot to do in there! NOT DONE......DIDN'T HAVE TIME!

9. Prepare big turkey dinner for Sunday afternoon for my family - Grayson is inviting over his new sweetie, Rhochelle for the first time! DONE

10. Have a big nice relaxing Sunday dinner with the family. DONE! :0)

Now, I better get busy! Here I have so many things I want to do and I spent all this time on this post finding the old vintage pictures. Oh well, I guess I could be doing a lot worse things!!! Besides it didn't take me too long to do it.

I hope all of you have wonderful, restful, fun weekends!

"Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord." Psalm 150: 6

In Him ~ Sharon

19 comments:

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, I love your pictures. Thank you for taking the time to look them up and post them. I love the way the photo makes the beautifu house-wife smiling while doing her work. I know that most of this is staged, but I LOVE IT. Why can't it be real?

I really do feel smiley and joyful when I am in the swing of things in my cleaning, and knowing that our home is a cozy place and a restful place, if I have done all those little chores.

I adore vintage home-making photos and I want to live out what those ladies are expressing. I believe God gives us this kind of joy when we thank Him while we work. It gives us joy also when we serve our husbands and children when our attitude is one of caring for them and loving them. Thanks and have a wonderful week-end with your family. Love ya, Kathi

Mrs Lavender said...

Cleaning house and errands here too. I am all done except for my laundry which I will do either tomorrow or Monday.

Have a lovely time with your husband on our dinner date! Have you decided where you will go?

Rachel said...

Sharon, Thanks for your comment! Please stop back soon for the big "mystery item reveal". Which Beth Moore Bible Study are you doing right now?

SweetAnnee said...

woohoo..take pics of the Sunday dinner too
i wanna see Grayson's new gal!!
smiles, deena

BittersweetPunkin said...

Sharon! Sounds like you better get going! Enjoy your cleaning and your family!
Hugs,
Robin

Kelly said...

Ha! I am laughing because I usually am writing many of those things on my list as well, then I am fishing for the right graphics or pictures to post all that on my blog!! And then think.....hmmmmmm, I wonder how many of those *list* things I could have just finished!! lol

Have a wonderful Sunday!!!! Dinner sounds heavenly!

Kelly

Stephanie said...

I love those photos that you have here, wouldnt it be fun to be that way again !!

Leigh said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, even though it sounds very busy! Love the pics!!

Cottage Contessa said...

Sounds like domestic bliss, and just the sort of weekend I enjoy!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

yellowfarmhouse said...

WOW you've had a busy weekend so far. Hope you can "cross everything off your list". It's always a great feeling when it's all done.

Happy Sunday - Karen

nannykim said...

I love those pictures!! Which Beth moore study are you doing? let me know.

Brenda said...

You know that is the crazy thing. Always being over weight I have never had highblood pressure or anything . What hurts me so bad is my bones. That has alot to do with the fibro I have and all the meds I take for it make me swell. That is why It is always a fight.
thanks, for the sweet words and you are right it is about healthy and feeling good.

Sheila said...

Those are great photos! Where did you find them?

You are a busy gal! Wow!

Jan Parrish said...

I tagged you on my blog if you feel like playing. :)

Lille meg said...

Sharon, I want to give you an award: you are an amazing blogger.
You get it on my site. You are welcme. And it is well deserved!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! You guessed correctly! Thanks for your comments on my "mystery object". Have a wonderful day. xo Rachel

Hootin' Anni said...

This is a terrific way to make a list of 'chores'...actually they don't seem like chores when you put it this way. However did you find all the photos that fit with the task, I'll never know.

Almost like a Stepford Wife. LOL

Ahhhhhhh, a new girlfriend in the family. How cool is that? Sounds like a fun meal.

Sharon said...

I got the pictures from Google Images, just type in vintage woman kitchen and you can see some, just copy and paste them. I hope it is okay to use them! I am not producing them or printing them.

Fondly, Sharon

Mary said...

Sharon,

You are certainly ambitious to get all of that done. I am being a bit lazy since coming back from vacation. I got my laundry done, but not much else. Hubby was nice and cooked supper tonight while I was watching the boys, so it was ready when I walked through the door. Wonderful!

Love the vintage photos. Glad you had fun finding and posting them for us to enjoy.

Take care, Sharon. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings,
Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...