Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Bible Study


I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had started a new Bible study and a few of you asked what it was. It is a Beth Moore study called Beloved Disciple. It is an intense study about John. I am taking it through my church and we are meeting on Tuesday nights to watch the one hour video and to discuss the lesson from the week before. Unfortunately I will be missing at least half of the classes because my boys have basketball games on many Tuesday nights.

It takes about 45 minutes a day to do the study and I am barely keeping up with it. I have only been doing it for two weeks and already have gleaned so much from it! I have never taken a Beth Moore class and I am really excited about it. I keep hearing from everyone that Beth Moore is such a wonderful Godly woman and a great teacher. I am really looking forward to what God wants to reveal to me through this study!

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Have a great day!

In Him ~ Sharon

10 comments:

Kelley said...

It's too bad that they can't have a make-up night for those that couldn't make it for that week's session...
Sounds like a wonderful session!
Beth Moore is awesome!

Have a blessed day!

Pam said...

That's a wonderful study. I took it last year and got a lot out of it. Maybe they'll let you borrow the tape or dvd on those nights you miss. Hearing Beth Moore speak is a treasure - she's not only very wise spiritually, she's also a hoot! Good luck! Pam

SweetAnnee said...

I love John ..I do believe he's my favorite apostle.

I'm going to look for that book ..but I'll be waiting till Autumn for better days....Thanks for sharing ..Tis wonderful to do it as a group !!!!

fondly, deena

Rachel said...

I love her bible teaching. I haven't done this study yet though. Have a wonderful evening.

Denise said...

I have never read any of her studies.. I will go to the Christian book store and see what they have..... I am always into new study guides........

Julieann said...

Oh Yay!!! If we were neighbors, I would go with you---What a wonderful thing you are doing.

Love the bible:)

Julieann

Kelly said...

I too will seek out her studies, I did not have time to look when I was in the christian bookstore last time, although I did see one of her books on the outside aisle and thought of you. So I had to ask what it was all about! Thanks for sharing!

Warm Winter Blessings~
Kelly

50shousewife said...

I've done this study and it's a good one. I always learn a lot with her studies. They are worth all that time. :)

nannykim said...

That is a good study--did it a while back--if you put the time into it is well worth it---you get so much out of her studies!! You should see if you can at least make up and listen to the videos/dvds you miss!

Feathering My Nest said...

Amen to that. I love Beth Moore. I am so happy you are doing one too. I have learned more than I have ever learned from my Bible from studying with one of her workbooks. Blessings, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...