Saturday, February 2, 2008

I've Been Hit........Twice!

My blogger friends Amy and Kim both tagged me, so here I am to play the game.

First, Amy Ellen of Life In Kansas tagged me with this fun meme. I am supposed to give you seven random facts about me.

1. I love clothes and I always have. Here is a picture of my family when I was young. I am the second one from the right. Don't you just love my outfit! Look at the way I was standing! LOL! You can see who influenced me with fashion and beauty......just look at my mother! She was always so pretty and a head turner. Look at her gorgeous legs! My father was quite handsome and dapper himself too! As we grew up, my sisters, Kelli (on the far left) and Kathi (far right) and I always loved clothes and traded with each other. My brother, Wade (to the left of me) always looked cool too! Its funny because I love clothes, but I really don't like to shop!

2. I am a terrible speller, but I actually won a spelling bee in 7th grade and got to take home a big trophy, but only for the weekend! It's funny too because later in life I became a medical transcriptionist and spelling was a HUGE part of that job! I did improve greatly with my spelling because of the transcription and thank the Lord they invented spell checker!

3. I like to eat cake batter. I sometimes make it just to eat the batter, purposely not intending to make a cake, but I don't add the eggs when I do that.

4. I never camped until my honeymoon and now I love to camp! We camp several times every summer and we have had the best times.

5. I got back up on water skis when I was 45 years old! I hadn't done it for over 20 years and I was so pleased with myself! It only took two tries and I got up. Lets don't talk about how long I stayed up though!!!

6. I am a neat freak except there a few areas that I let get messy and I have a hard time keeping them clean.......my purse, my Bible and my car. It drives me nuts, but I can't help it. I keep thinking of solutions to help, but nothing seems to work, so.....oh well!

7. I love to sing. I was on the worship team at church, but have not done it in a year. I always sing around the house, in the shower and while I'm driving. I am not the best singer, but I love to do it! I am an alto.

I would like to tag the following ladies to play along and list 7 random facts about YOU!

1. Amanda @ Cottage Contessa

2. Velvia @ It Could Fill Books

3. Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama



Eric and I ---- Happy Campers!

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0

Kim over at NannyKim also tagged me with this fun 8x4 meme - list four answers to the below eight questions.


FOUR MOVIES I HAVE WATCHED OVER AND OVER:
1. Pollyanna

2. Meet Me In St. Louis

3. On Moonlight Bay

4. The Mating Season

FOUR PLACES I HAVE LIVED:
1. My parents house

2. My first home with Eric, a rented duplex
3. Our first starter home
4. The home we live in now

I have only lived in one state and one county my whole life! All of my homes were sweet!

FOUR SHOWS I WATCH
I am going to change this to channels I watch.

1. Discovery
2. Disney
3. Court TV
4. Turner Classic Movies

FOUR PLACES I HAVE BEEN:
I am not a traveler, so the list is short!
1. Oregon
2. Washington
3. California
4. Mexico

FOUR PEOPLE WHO EMAIL ME:
1. Kathi

2. Shannon
3. Virginia
4. My Daddy

FOUR FAVORITE THINGS I LOVE TO EAT:
1. Shrimp

2. Prime rib

3. French toast

4. Taco Time!

FOUR PLACES I WOULD RATHER BE:
1. I like where I'm at

2. A hot beach in Hawaii
3. Dinner date with my hubby
4. Camping

FOUR THINGS LOOK FORWARD TO THIS YEAR:
1. Hopefully finding a house in the country and moving there!

2. Cameron's graduation from Bible College
3. Losing 10 pounds
4. Whatever the Lord brings us!

FOUR PEOPLE TO TAG FOR THE 8X4:

1. Rachel @ A Romantic Porch

2. Gina @ Simply Heart & Home

3. Denise @ Samaritan Women

4. Kathi @ Feathering My Nest

Okay, everyone...........your it!!!

"Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation." Habakkuk 3:18

Love & Hugs ~ Sharon

11 comments:

nannykim said...

Oh, love that outfit--so cute. And your mom's shoes--so fun to look at old pictures!! A home in the country, eh--how far out would that be---the problem is when you get in your 70's you may want to move back to be closer to things--ha, ha!! Will that put you further from your church friends or not? That is always something to consider----guess you have already weighed the pros and cons!!! Blessings!!

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
Thanks for tagging me for the meme, it's my first one. I'm so excited! I'm going to write it as soon as I finish typing this.

I love the family picture of you with your parents and siblings, what a beautiful family!

I may consider moving my blog to Blogspot, I have so much to learn about blogging, and I need the easiest site I can find! LOL
Love, Velvia

Mrs Lavender said...

Hi Sharon. Thanks for tagging me! I finally finished. :)

cjan said...

Hi Sharon, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment about my "Sister wall". I enjoyed your blog too and plan to visit often. DH and I are empty nesters too. It's never the same, I hate to tell you.. You relish the times they are home and you want to capture each moment. My Sisters live in Vancouver, WA. My mom in Kelso,WA and I went to my senior year HS in Gaston, Oregon.. My Niece and fam. live in Bend, OR.
My mom just said that they have about 2 inches of snow today... Unusual for there. Stay warm,

Hugs,
Jan
http://www.daytodayfrommyheart.com

Feathering My Nest said...

Hi Sharon, Thanks for tagging me. You picked the one picture of me in those goofy glasses. Now I need to dig up a funny looking picture of you. Ha. No just kidding. That is such a fun picture of all of us when we were young.

I'm happy for you that you can sing. I wish I could. Well, I actually could, but no one would want to hear me.

This was fun. Thanks again for tagging me. I love you, Kathi

Jan Parrish said...

Yikes. I just noticed the "snow is magical" button on your blog! Take it down - it ground hog day and you're going to jinx it! LOL.

We had thunder snow yesterday and then hail and lightening. It was very freaky. Our temps were in the 50's and then it hit. I filmed it. Maybe I'll blog about it.

Did you ever just want to get out of that town? I have lived in three county's and 5 homes in the 11 years since we've moved back to Colorado. If you need to move, just ask me - I've done it too many times to count.

BittersweetPunkin said...

What a great post Sharon! I love the older photo~! It was fun learning more about you!
Blessings,
Robin

Cottage Contessa said...

I love love reading people's meme's, and your were terrific! That old family photo is just wonderful, your parents certainly were a very hip and attractive couple! I really like the photo of you and Eric too, I love the way he has his arm around you, so protective & caring. Very sweet! Thanks for the tag, I'll start racking my feeble brain for some answers! lol
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Sondra said...

Love your family picture. I got tagged for the 7 random facts too. And actually got tagged by Jennifer who was tagged by your sister. I didn't know you had a sister and it was fun to click on her blog and see you and her shopping at the goodwill! Maybe tomorrow I will have my random facts up.

SweetAnnee said...

Your mama looks like a fashion model!!
OMG..what a role model for YOU!!
deena

Kelly said...

Ooooooh, Shar, that photo of your family rocks! I love how stylin' of a bunch you guys are! This meme is fun - I promise to get to it ASAP! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...