Thursday, January 10, 2008

It's Storming Outside!


I don't know if you can tell from the pictures, but it is really storming here! It is really, really raining with lots and lots of wind! It just came on so suddenly.


I am glad I am inside my cozy home with my coffee and my candles! I wish my family was safe here with me, but they are all in safe places. I also know that God is bigger than this storm and He can calm it. It reminds me of how He takes care of us during the storms of our lives!

Wow......just in the time that it took for me to snap the pictures and write this post, the sun is already out and I see a faded rainbow! Isn't God's work amazing!!! I am so thankful for His promise of the rainbow! It not only represents His promise to us, but it is so gorgeous!

"He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed." Psalm 107:29


~ Sharon

8 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

Sharon, don't you just love a storm?? It's so invigorating and cleansing..so maybe the storms of our life are the same???

God is good..

Your back yard looks great!!
smiles..Deena

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
We're expecting storms here tonight in Georgia, and we are so thankful because our state desperately needs the rain! I think I'm going to take your lead and light some candles and make hot chocolate. By the way, your meatloaf dinner looks scrumptious, your family is so blessed to have a wife and mom who takes such good care of them! Have a blessed weekend. Love, Velvia

Mrs Lavender said...

Sharon,

I resent the email. It was the same address that I sent it to earlier. Let's hope it works this time! :)

I love a thunderstorm. We are expecting rain tomorrow but it will be too cold for thunder and lightening.

Have a blessed evening,

Mrs Lavender (Gina)

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Hi Sharon!
I love rainy days, but when it gets really windy I do get tense. Your candles burning look very soothing!
Penny
p.s. the cloth under my rooster plates is actually a quilted throw, that I use as a table cloth on my kitchen table.

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, I'm so happy you are warm and cozy inside your cute house. I love your story about the storm and how God is with us through the storms of our lives. God is so faithful and it is wonderful that He gave us the rainbow to remind us. Love ya, Kathi

Feathering My Nest said...

Hi Shar, I'm ready. Thanks for asking. I'm going to bed now. We didn't get the storm isn't that strange? I wish I could have seen Dr. Phil. I was home, but we don't have cable. Love ya.

Jan Parrish said...

Oh, I wish I could come over and have a nice long chat over coffee while it storms out. :)

nannykim said...

I love storms---they surely convey His greatness--and it is so nice to be warm and cozy inside! Some of those storms have been very severe!! Hey come to my blog and look at the post for the 12th--I showed some pictures of the beautiful trees I see in my walks--our city is known as Tree City USA because of some of its awesome trees---you should share some pics of your walks! I think I will post some more on another day too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...