Sunday, January 27, 2008

It snowed last night!!!!

We woke up this morning to two inches of snow!!!

It is so beautiful, a soft blanket of white snow on everything!

This was Bailey's first experience in the snow. At first she was scared and then she started playing in it and loved it!

My sister's son, Harrison, spent the night last night and the boys had fun playing in the snow. Here they made huge snow balls!


Harrison taking a little taste of the fresh snow.


Hayden and I out in the beautiful (but cold) snow!


Grayson pulled out his lawn mower go-kart and had fun messing around, but it didn't do too well, it was too slippery.

Hayden sledding down the mountain.......hold on tight!!!


Grayson and Harrison enjoying the snow. By afternoon we had 3 inches!!!


I'm glad we can come back inside to get warm and cozy again!


Eric made breakfast burritos for all of us! We didn't go to church this morning because our church had no power, so they cancelled it.


The boys are checking out funny videos on You Tube and having fun cousin time.

I say, light some candles, give me a good hot cup of coffee and lets watch an old Annette Funicello movie! The Pajama Party was on TCM this afternoon.......perfect!

Yummy!!! It's snack time!

Aren't these cookies cute! I bought them at Safeway and they are very delicious!



One more picture.........I took this a few days ago. Our temperatures got down to 15 degrees Fahrenheit...........brrrr! We went out to check our pool and it was frozen almost solid! We were very careful and, inch by inch, Hayden tested the pool and was able to stand on it! Isn't that something!



I hope you all stay warm and cozy in your homes during this very cold winter!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy, and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13


~ Sharon

18 comments:

Sondra said...

So beautiful the snow is. I love snow so much. I can't believe that your pool froze solid with the water level that high. My aunts in PA would freeze and we would play on it, but hers would be less than half full.

SweetAnnee said...

Oh what a fun day..snow..annette and cookies
and then hubby cooking!! woohoo


Bailey is darling!! playing in the snow!!!


It was warm here today, so off for a walk we went..
fondly, Deena

Cottage Contessa said...

Oh wow! These snow photo's are just beautiful! The photo of your son standing on the pool is AMAZING! My whole family couldn't stop staring at that photo! lol We've been in the pool today too, but for a far different reason, it's so hot here!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Mary said...

Sharon,

The one of Hayden standing on the frozen pool is a great post. I love seeing the snow in your photos. And the cookies look delicious.

I've tagged you for a meme. I look forward to reading these 6 things about you.

Take care, my friend.
Blessings,
Mary

jennifer said...

Sharon these are gorgeous pictures! Congratulations on snow (I have pouted long enough about not getting any real snow). I love the pics of the guys sledding down the hill. Y'all bundle up and keep warm - Jennifer

Brenda said...

Sharon the snow is beautiful... Thanks so much. It is people like you that I knew I could count on. Yes sometimes I just don't know how much more I can stand.

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Sharon,

Wow, your snow pictures are beautiful! And your blog is wonderful!

We have only had a dusting of snow, but that's okay with me. In December of 2005, we had 2 beautiful inches of snow, and I was out feeding the birds, and I slipped and fell and broke my hip! I had to crawl back into the house, to call for help. It took me over an hour, but with prayer, I made it, and have recovered well, thank the Lord. So now, I enjoy other people's snow, but don't want any here. However, your photos are really lovely and those cookies look delicious!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you visit again!

Blessings,

Renie

Kelli said...

Yay!! Beautiful pictures, Sharon! It looks like everyone had fun and the cookies look pretty and yummy!
Hugs,
Kelli

Denise said...

I love snow.......... Can I have some? We just do not get enough snow......... Pictures are beautiful... enjoy the coffee....

Feathering My Nest said...

What lovely pictures. I wish I was there to watch the movie and eat cookies with you.

The frozen pool is so cool. Harrison looks like he is having so much fun. I laughed when I said, "Oh, you are stuck at your cousins house because of snow. What luck!!" He can't believe his good fortune in the turn of the weather. Just think, it might have been the girls too! We are all staying warm and cozy here too. Love ya, Kathi

Anonymous said...

Hey Sharon!
Looks like you and your boys had a great time! Isn't wonderful how the Lord blesses us with these seasons? We had snow a few weeks ago and it was mesmerizing! Have fun!
Have a great day.
~Farrah
(from Mrs. Wilt's)

Brenda said...

Sharon.... I can't wait much longer! get out of that cozy bed and show me what it looks like =)

Susan P. said...

Wow, snow, Annette, and yummy Valentine's cookies ~ sounds like a perfect day to me:o)

Lori said...

Sharon, it looks like Baily and the boys really liked the snow:) those cookies look so yummy!!! we still have snow on the ground, but the beautiful sun is out today so that makes me feel warmer that i really am!!!

Mimi said...

and a fun day in the snow was had by all... including mom...
looks like a wonderful way to spend a day together... especially with hubby cooking... then coffee and cookies!!
seems like a perfect way to spend the afternoon!!
Mimi

nannykim said...

Quite beautious!

Liz said...

I watched The Pajama Party too! :) What beautiful snow, I miss actual snow days. Now I dread driving in it... I think I'll just stay home next time!

Your house looks like such a fun place to be, those are some happy boys!

JanaBanana said...

Hi Sharon :) Boy do I know all about this snow.. we have atleast 3 ft outside and another storm heading in tonight!
Stay safe and warm :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...