Friday, January 25, 2008

HELP!!!!

Well, we worked hard into the night last night and we got up early to take apart our old bed and we completely emptied our room. I vacuumed and washed the windows and waited anxiously for the furniture to arrive. In case you are wondering about the white square in the middle of the wallpaper, we needed to do a quick patch job on the wallpaper, so I stole a small piece off the wall where it will not be noticeable once the bed is there. Not the best solution, but it works for now!


Well, the furniture arrived just fine and it is gorgeous. Everything was accounted for except my dresser mirror, which is on back order. Unfortunately, I do have a couple of problems.

First.......the furniture is way bigger than we realized when we were in the show room! It does fit, except for Eric's chest of drawers. We are trying all kinds of ways to see what looks best and nothing looks super good. :0( The only thing that gives me hope is that we really want to move and I am hoping at the new house it will look better! Also, it is probably one of those things that kind of grows on you as you get used to it.

Secondly, we got a king size mattress that is very thick with a pillow top on it, so it is almost two feet thick! The sheets I bought are too small and they are king size deep pocket, so what do I do now? I am really bummed that the bed skirt is not working as well. It is so frustrating. I was hoping it would all come together and I would have this glorious master suite by evening and it is not happening! I am going to call the furniture store and ask them what size sheets I need to buy and I think Eric and I might go to the mall tonight to get new ones.

Other than those two problems, the furniture is beautiful! And the bed looks and feels pretty comfortable, I can't wait to sleep on it tonight! Once we get it all together, I will show pictures. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hugs ~ Sharon

15 comments:

Sondra said...

I am sorry you are having such difficulty getting your room ready. I know how excited you were to get it done. Maybe you need to buy california king sheets.That is what I have. I guess in the show room the furniture does not look that big but when you put it in your room it looks huge. I had the same problem with my couch, chair and coffee table. The furniture they make now is so big. Can you put Erics chest of drawers in your closet for now? Hope you get it figured out and I can't wait to see the finished room.

Sondra said...

Oh,and you should be able to alter your bedskirt to fit. I know you are crafty enough to do that!

Nora Lee said...

Hi Sharon, I had the same thing happen to me when we bought our new bedroom suit. It worked out though, I did buy the deep pocket sheets, but have to use ironing board elastic straps that clip the corners of the sheet together. They sell these at the Dollar Store, Kmart, Walmart, about anywhere. I would love to see some pics once everything is in place.

Thank you so much for visiting my show & tell and the comment you left. I too feel the same way that the generations now are so spoiled that they may not be willing to sacrifice for the total good. I think we can learn alot from history.

Sandra

Cheryl said...

You know.... to fix that wall paper problem... you could get color copies made of that bit you cut off and then just paste the copies on the wall :-)

Amy Ellen said...

Hello

I hope you get your bedroom together the way you want it soon!!! I also wanted to say I love your blog it is so pretty to open p and the first song is just so uplifting and cheerful it made me smile!!!

Also you have been tagged!!! If you care to play along please visit my blog and check out the rules, when you have time of course!!

Thanks for the smile
Amy

Brenda said...

I would have no idea if you got king deep pocket...what else will be larger? I hope it all comes together soon.

Kelly said...

I agree the California King sheets should do good..... I cannot wait to see!

SweetAnnee said...

Cant wait for pics!! I bet it is LOVELY!!
fondly, deena

Julieann said...

OHHH, I can't wait to see the pictures of your new room---how exciting. Also, I think you are right, it will take some time to get used to it---but in time you will just love it.

Julieann

jennifer said...

I can't wait to see! Be patient (Iknow it is hard). It will all come together and you will be so proud! Jennifer

Jan Parrish said...

Oh Sharon, been there and done that. We just got family room furniture and ordered two sofas and a huge chair which we were sure would also fit with another huge chair we already had. Well, we ended up selling our older chair which was really rather new (only 3 years old).

I know we don't live in a castle but sometimes I like to pretend. :)

If you don't know if you're for sure moving, I would send one of the pieces back while you can.

You'll love the bed - just get deep pocket sheets. Take a deep breath, it will all work out and you'll love it. :)

Come check out my new book club!

Loving Annie said...

Good Saturday morning to you, Sharon ! You have a beautiful blog ! So pretty, and I love the song being played !

Furniture is really hard. Thimgs can look one way in a showroom, and totally different in your own home, depending on the space of the room and the light coming through the windows, the colors of the walls, etc.

Can you send any of the pieces back ? if not...

I hope it looks perfect in your new home when you move. Maybe in a bigger space in would all be the way you want it to...

As for the 2' thick mattress - my empathy. The manufacturers should really warn people that you can't find deep pocket fitted sheets for them. I don't think I've seen any bigger than 17" - it is really not fair.
At least the bed is comfortable :)

Thank you for leaving the sweet comments on my blog.

I felt really really really bad for Deena... She is such a sweetheart, and so brave. Thank goodness she has Rich, but still, that's not news that does anything but turn your whole world upside down...

Hope that you have a good weekend, Sharon.

Genuinely,
Loving Annie

Mimi said...

it always takes a little adjusting to make the new fit as well as the old... but you have beautiful furniture... and You will make it fit

cookiesunshine said...

How soon do you hope to move? If you are planning to make the move soon, I would not send the piece back because you might have difficulty replacing it. Is there anyplace else that you can put it in the house until you move, or would you consider storing it until your move?
You have beautiful taste and I know that it's going to be gorgeous.
I'm looking forward to seeing your finished pictures.
Breath!

Hugs, Cookie

nannykim said...

I'm sure it will look wonderful when everything is done--just takes some extra work, eh?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...