Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Answer to Prayer!

Oh, what a day at work! I work two days a week in the cardiac surgeon's office scheduling surgeries and one day a week I cover for the administrative assistant to the Executive Director. I have only been doing the admin assist position for a couple of months and on the days I work she usually just has me do small things like file, make labels, pay bills, add info to spread sheets etc. Well yesterday I had to go to an Executive Meeting and take minutes, which I have never done in my life! I was so nervous because the CEO of the hospital was supposed to be there and several executives below him and several doctors and other VIPs! This is a big meeting too, it is a quarterly meeting and is two hours long! I was so nervous! The meeting started at 7:00 am and I got there at 6:15 am! I had to make sure the food order was correct and put the 1/2 thick agendas at each place setting. I prepared over the weekend and was I was getting kind of worked up about it. All the way to work I prayed that God would help me and that everything would work out fine.

Well, I got there early, set everything up and the meeting started without a hitch. I took the minutes and it worked out just fine, I was a bit nervous, but God gave me the strength and I got through it! When I got back to the office I typed up the minutes and emailed them to my boss. I am so thankful to have that behind me! I also am very thankful for the experience! Learning new things is so good for us and having this experience will do nothing but help in future job opportunities.

I feel like God cares about all these little things in our lives that seem so big to us. It's funny, now that I have gone through this, it doesn't seem big at all! :0)

P.S. Do you like the little fly away hair I have in the picture LOL!

"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you." Psalm 55:22

Fondly ~ Sharon

17 comments:

Liz said...

Wow, Sharon. It sounds like my job! I'm so glad everything went smoothly for you, and next time you'll be full of confidence and not nervous at all!

Linda said...

Job well done Sharon! Each new experience gives us strength and confidence to handle come what may.
When I was working I was always nerveous doing something new, my boss would say feel the fear and do it anyway. I didn't like this saying but I never forgot it. Take care, Linda

BittersweetPunkin said...

Sharon..that is a Beautiful picture of you! You look very happy indeed! I am so glad your day went as planned...God is there for us when we need him!
Hugs,
Robin

Brenda said...

Girl if I doubt about anyone getting a job done it wouldn't be you!I really love how you trust God with everything great and small.

Heart4MyHome said...

Sharon,
I just blessed upon your blog. WOW! What a beautiful layout you have here. I am so glad the LORD led me to your site. Definitely gotta bookmark this one.

Candy :) said...

I love your picture :)

Hey...I dont know if I told you!! I started a blog 2 days ago!

Hugs,
Candy :)

Sondra said...

I am so glad that you made it thru without any problems. Isn't it great how God cares about even the little things in our lives? My mom always taught me to pray for big and little things. She even prays for the traffic to stop when my dad is having a hard time getting the motor home out in the road! I always remember the song- His eye is on the sparrow and I know he watches me.

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, I'm so happy everything went well for you. God was with you and helped you all along the way. You humbled yourself and asked His help and He is so loving and kind and really cares. I'm so glad you got to do this and have this new experience behind you.

I'll add a note about Garrett's kindergarten experience soon on my blog. He loved it!~!!Love ya, Kathi

Kelly said...

Wow I was right there with you as you told that.....when I was working ( in fact it was at a hospital! ) I had to do things similar, mostly unsuspected, and I would just be soooo nervous. I am so glad you did well! Not that I doubt you would, after all God is the best wing man you could have!

Much Love!!
Kelly

Denise said...

Kudos to you......... and YES GOD is interested in the little things in our lives....... He must because He counted the hair on your head this morning........ Fly away and all..

hugsx0x0x0

Julieann said...

YOU DID IT!!!! Isn't that the truth though---after everything is said and done, it really wasn't that bad after all:)

Your little fly away is cute, it gives you character...LOL:)

Now you can relax a bit my friend:)

Julieann

Cottage Contessa said...

Sweetie, I'm happy to hear that everything went so well for you at work! You're right, God soes care about every little tiny aspect of our lives. Nothing is insignificant to Him. You look so beautiful and professional sitting there at your office table!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Jan Parrish said...

:) I love when God gets us through those really tight situations so well.

nannykim said...

I think we all feel that way --so glad things worked out nicely. That is why I love the fact that we can do all things through Him who strengthens us! Blessings on your day/week!

Kelly said...

I'm so glad that it went great, Sharon! What a gorgeous picture of you, by the way! :o)

Kelli said...

I'm so glad everything went smoothly, Sharon! I think you look great!
Hugs,
Kelli

Sarah said...

I'm glad everything went well. I used to minute meetings in a couple of my jobs and I was very often quite nervous! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...