Thursday, January 3, 2008

We're Back


We're back from taping the Dr. Phil show. We are not allowed to talk about it until it airs, so I can't give you too many details. What I can say is that it was quite the experience and very sensationalized. There is a whole other world in Hollywood and all I'll say about it is I am glad to be home in my little tiny town where people treat you with respect! Overall, it was really fun to go on a quick trip with my son and stay in a hotel and go out for some meals. It was Grayson's first time flying, so it was so neat for him to be able to do that. We had lots of laughs with our friends and it was really fun to get to know all of them better. The show will air in January and I'll let all of you know exactly when. I think the show itself will turn out okay, but they have free license to do what they want with all the film footage and we have seen already how they exercised that right, so who knows how the show will really turn out! We went there expecting to be chastised and that part of it wasn't as bad as I thought, but they did have some surprise guests that made the overall show very somber.

The picture above is of Grayson and I having a wonderful breakfast buffet at the Renaissance Hotel. That was one of my favorite moments of the whole trip. I will show more pictures in January when I talk about it again. Now we are back to our lives and trying to get back into the Christmas spirit. I am very thankful that God watched over us during our trip.

"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:58

Blessings to all of you!

~ Sharon

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Glad your home sweetie and i look forward to seeing Grayson on tv. I will know no matter what they make this out to be that he is an awsome child...look who raised him.
Hugs and love,Brenda

Mimi said...

so glad that you are back down to earth in your little town... with all your friends...
don't forget to let us know when the show will be aired...I look forward to watching...
I know that they try to sensationalize every thing so it will look much worse and dangerous that it really was... but it will be fun to see you and Grayson on tv!!
Merry Christmas

Kristen said...

The breakfast looks wonderful and the atmosphere even better! I love to have quiet time during a meal with my family! I am so glad that you are back safely and that it seemed to be a positive experience. XOXOXO

Kelly said...

Wow, Sharon! What a trip! (Mmmm to the buffet - you guys lookadorable in the picture. :o)

I know that your light for Christ will shine no matter how the Dr. Phil show edits. I actually saw his wife at Women of Faith in Philadelphia in 2006 (and he was there to walk her off the stage since she does that for him, LOL). I do hope that they're prayerful in how they use your footage, if it's their decision.

You'll have to let us know when it airs! Glad that you're home and prayers for a beautiful Christmas!

Mary said...

Sharon,

Remember, even the Dr. Phil show is entertainment. I do watch it and am hoping to see the one that features Grayson. I bet it was fun, even though you are glad to be back home.

Blessings,
Mary

Kelly said...

That picture is one to treasure, it will be great to look back on this experience!

Blessings~
kelly

Cottage Contessa said...

I'm happy to hear that it all went well and that you are back home safe and sound!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

ginger at enchanting cottage said...

It is always nice to be home safe after a long trip. I always praise God for that.
I will be looking forward in seeing the show.
ginger

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...