Friday, December 21, 2007

Show and Tell - Antique Ornaments


Today is Show and Tell Friday at Kelli's blog, There's No Place Like Home. I encourage you to go visit her blog and check out all the other bloggers show and tell items.

Today I would like to share my antique Christmas ornaments. I love all things that are old including Christmas ornaments. I have been collecting them for quite a few years. I hit the jackpot one time at a thrift store, it was really before everyone started getting excited about the old vintage ornaments and I got boxes of them for just a few dollars.

I put a whole bunch of them on these stacking silver cake plates. I just randomly set them in there kind of like a collage. I love the old Christmas formed light bulbs, here is a little cat playing an instrument. I have him nestled in with vintage glass beads.

I also strung some of the glass beads of garland in our dining room window and hung several of my vintage ornaments on them.

It is truly amazing that some of these have survived this many years!

I have about five of these little guys. I think they are from the 40s or 50s. They have celluloid faces, chenille arms and legs and spun cotton feet. They are sitting in old metal round ornaments. I think their feet are so cute! The blue raspberry ornament is one of my favorites too. It is so pretty and I think it is really, really old.

The ornament below is one of my favorites. It is a glass ornament with crinkled metal all around it and then has metal flowers on top. I think it is from Germany from the 40s.

That is my antique ornament collection, I hope you enjoyed them. I am almost ready for Christmas, just need to do the wrapping, baking and making of some salads for the meals and I will be ready. I am so excited because I am off work for 13 days! Ya whoooooooo!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Happy Birthday Jesus!

Hugs! Sharon

19 comments:

Mica Garbarino said...

don't you just love a bargain. that is a great find !!!! I just adore the way you decorate. Have a Merry Christmas !!! Mica

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Sharon!! I am catching up on your blog right now...wow...lots going on. I love your vintage ornaments...so pretty!

It's nice that you got to celebrate with Brittany before she went to be with her family...that was very sweet!!
Blessings,
Robin

Jan Parrish said...

I love antique ornaments. :)
Merry Christmas!

Hootin' Anni said...

Sharon!!!!! This is one outstanding Show N Tell! It's so beautiful, the decor, the colors, and oh so many sparkles. Beautiful.

My show n tell has been shared, won't you drop by if you can to visit?

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Cottage Contessa said...

Such beautiful decorations Sharon! I hope you and your family have a truly wonderful Christmas sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Judy said...

I love your antique collection, it's very beautiful.

ellen b. said...

hi sharon!, I really did enjoy your lovely antique ornament collection. I like how you have displayed them too. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours...

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts said...

They are beautiful, and I love how you have them displayed!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Mrs. Mordecai said...

So fun!

Jean said...

Love all your old ornaments! Great way to display them.

Tammy said...

So beautiful! I love how colorful they are!
You and I have the loving of all things old in common...I love anything vintage or antique and always have!
Have a wonderful vacation- and a very Merry Christmas!

IRENE said...

Beautiful display!
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Cathy said...

Beeauutiful! I love how you have them all displayed too! Merry Christmas!

Cathy :)

Sondra said...

Oh Sharon- all those vintage ornaments are so cool! That is just beautiful the way you put them on a cake plate. I would have never thought of that. You are just too creative girl!

Mary said...

Sharon,

Your vintage ornament collection is awesome. I really enjoyed it. Mom had one like the blue raspberry, only it was green. She still hangs it on the tree. I can't remember a time when it wasn't part of Christmas.

Thanks for sharing these beauties. Have a Merry Christmas that's filled with love, laughter and the Light of Christmas.

Blessings,
Mary

Penless Thoughts said...

WOW Sharon. These are absolutely beautiful and so many. I love the way you display them in different ways. Merry Christmas!

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
I just love your antique ornaments, they are really beautiful! The pictures you post of your home are always so cozy and warm, just the way home should be! Have a very Merry Christmas!
Love, Velvia

Jane said...

I love all your antique ornaments. I especially like what you did with them on the table. I will have to remember that - it looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas,
~Jane

Sara said...

What a wonderful collection - and I love the unique and interesting ways you have displayed them!

Have a wonderfully Merry Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...