Thursday, January 3, 2008

Grayson is on Dr. Phil this Thursday!


I checked Dr. Phil's website and found out that the show that Grayson is on will be aired Thursday, January 3rd. So if you are interested, you might check it out! Read the post below to learn all the details about my son going on the Dr. Phil show.

Overall, it was fun to go on a trip like this with my son and his friends and their parents, and it was really exciting for Grayson to be on TV. The picture above is of our computer screen and that is Grayson on the show. They did interview all of the parents in a hotel room in our town, but the only picture of me that will be on the show is when I was standing out in the field in the rain watching them do the mattress surfing and my hair is soaked and I look horrible. Oh well! It is not about me, it is about my son! :0) Dr. Phil does not approve of the boys mattress surfing, so the show is not a real positive one and we were pretty upset to learn that he invited the poor boy who actually ran over his brother while mattress surfing and killed him. It was very sobering when he spoke and my heart and my prayers go out to him.

I hope that they don't edit it too much where it makes our boys look really bad. It is kind of scary when you do something like this because they own all of the footage. We signed contracts and basically signed all of our rights away. Whatever they end up showing, all of us parents are so proud of our boys. They are all really good kids, they are smart and contribute to society. They all work, go to church and are active in school.

Let me know what you think if you watch it!

~ Sharon

9 comments:

Kelly said...

We know who he is as a person, and it is all positive! That is what counts! You have shown time and time again what a wonderful person he is and how much he gives of himself! We will all be proud of him right along with you. And I am sure most people realize how editing can be done, so everyone should watch with an open mind, hey maybe they could edit out the rain so your hair isn't wet! No argument with that! ha! Look forward to watching! Take care during this holiday season! keep the wonderful and uplifting posts coming!

Winter Blessings~
Kelly

Kathi said...

Sharon, I will pray that the show will not be too negative. Grayson is such a wonderful boy and Godly too. I'm proud of him. I will pray also that they show at least one good shot of you and not just the one with soggy hair. Love and hugs, Kathi

Brenda said...

I know how things like that goes. I hate when they pick one thing and do that. things happen all the time.
Remind us Thursday lol my mind is bad!

Kelli said...

We don't get cable so you will have to let me know about the show! It sounds like they are really going to spin the footage of your boys just having a little fun into something more. Those kinds of shows are all about the ratings! LOL
I hope it goes well!
Hugs,
Kelli

Jan Parrish said...

I have it on my calendar.I can't wait to watch it. :) I'll be sure and let you know what I think. (((h))) Don't be nervous, it's just a TV show and I'm sure it was fun for Grayson.

Sondra said...

Can't wait to see the show. I know you are concerned about how they sensationalize things, but don't worry about it. We are all aware of how things are done on those shows. My boys have done things that some might consider 'unsafe', but that I felt were ok for them to do. Mom knows best!

Brenda said...

If you don't mind see what kind color she did.That is what I had in mind at first and then started reading all that other stuff.I wonder if it has to be a stain with a light poly in it to keep them protected. Thanks girl so much.
And chill about Dr. phill he is just another man and we all know Grayson is a doll.

SweetAnnee said...

Oh no..the idea sounds fun..but the show sounds sad..I'll watch..DVR it
but I guess Dr. Phil is trying to warn
crazy teens..some kids just go wild
and don't think..
Sorry it's not in the light that
Grayson meant it..I know they are good
kids.
with respect..Deena

Tammy said...

I can imagine this is exciting and very scary all at once!
I'll try to remember to watch it that day...I can tell just by the short time knowing you here that you're a good mom with good kids, so it will be interesting to see how they tell this story!

I was just catching up a bit...glad to know your family had a wonderful Christmas! We did too!
A Happy New Year to you!
~Tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...