Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas with Brittany

Mackenzie's girlfriend, Brittany, is flying to Idaho to spend Christmas with her mother, so we do not get to celebrate Christmas day with her. I was really bummed about not being with her on Christmas day, although I totally understand that she wants to spend time with her family. We decided to have a big family meal and have a time to exchange gifts with her. I had to work that day, so I cheated on the dinner and we had frozen enchiladas, green salad and garlic bread. It all tasted wonderful. I had to plan ahead and I set the table and loaded all the votives with tea lights on Sunday afternoon. It all came together so nicely and all of us were there! And I am finally in one of the family pictures at the dinner table! :0)

Here is a cute shot of Mackenzie and Brittany in front of the tree.

Below is a picture of Brittany and I together. I really enjoy her!


Below is a picture of Eric with our new puppy, isn't she getting big!



Now Cameron is holding Bailey!

Below is a picture of Hayden just relaxing and enjoying some family time.

I bought Brittany a stocking and filled it up and we gave her a few gifts (sorry the picture is a little blurry). She gave us gifts too! One of them was a basket with homemade goodies! Yep, I think Mackenzie found a keeper! :0)

Here is a cute one of them together and she is wearing the new sweater we bought her!

We had a wonderful family evening. After dinner and opening gifts we watched one of our favorite Christmas movies, A Christmas Story, it is so funny and so cute! I wanted Brittany to be able to experience what Christmas is like at our house and we built a fire, I lit all the candles, I used the Christmas dishes and wine glasses and we had eggnog! It was a beautiful night! Eric and I are so thankful for Brittany in our son's life and hope that we have many, many more Christmases with her! This gets me excited for the day when I will have FOUR sweet daughter-in-laws celebrating Christmas with us and someday we will have sweet little grandchildren too!

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God." Colossians 3:16

Blessings to you and yours! ~ Sharon

6 comments:

Mimi said...

that was a great idea .. celebrating christmas early with Brittany so she could have a christmas with your family as well as her own...
I wish for your family a Merry Christmas...
Love
Mimi

Kelli said...

It looks like a wonderful time with your family, Sharon! I'm sure Brittany appreciated the early Christmas with you all!
Hugs,
Kelli

Candy :) said...

Awesome pictures!!!
Love Candy

Cottage Contessa said...

Sharon you have a beautiful, close-knit and loving family! What a wonderful mother-in-law you will be, and Brittnay looks like such a lovely young woman. You are all truly blessed!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

nannykim said...

Your family is so obliging at having their pics taken and posted!!! ;-)
Nice pictures!! I am getting ready for our gang to descend. We are getting a camera for Christmas and I will have to learn how to use it and how to post pics from it!! I have been using the webcam which takes, ok pics. Have a wonderful Christmas!!

nannykim said...

Oh--I forgot---the movie , The Christmas Story"--a friend of mine told be I had to watch it and it was written up a bit in the guide post mag. --so I watched it and it was a little bit grating to me!! I guess it could grow on my the more I think about it. It does bring up some memories of my childhood. :-) ps. I hope to make more of that applesauce for Christmas dinner.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...