Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Party Pictures

Here are a few more pictures from our Christmas party last Saturday night. This is what I wore. I found the blouse at Penny's and got a really good deal on it. I had the black dressy pants and red shoes. I wore my fun glitzy rhinestone jewelry to match the little buckle on the blouse.

I set out a few snacks and had all my guests bring one tray of appetizers. This works really well because they only have to bring one tray so they bring their best. We had so much food it was fabulous!

I laid out my best china and crystal dishes.


We turned our laundry room into the beverage room. This worked out really nice.


Over the years I have found a whole set of white Christmas mugs and Christmas wine glasses. I picked them up at the thrift stores after Christmas at 75% off, so I probably paid a quarter each for them. I just store them in boxes in the garage and pull them out for the season.

Below are pictures after the party! The kitchen was pretty messy, but the rest of the house stayed pretty clean. Our last guests left at 1:00 am, so I was in no mood to clean. I just put away the perishables and left the rest for morning.
It all cleaned up really fast.
We had 30 guests come to our party.
The food was fabulous and the fellowship was wonderful!
We had such a lovely party. We are so blessed with our wonderful friends! The Bible calls us to be hospitable and I find it very rewarding. I know when I am in the throws of preparing for a big party I kind of get stressed, but it is so worth it afterwards!

I hope you all have a beautiful Christmas season!

In Him ~ Sharon

15 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Wow, your house looks great! I bet everyone really had a wonderful time at your party. I do one on Christmas Eve every year, but I never have that many people. You are really ambitious, LOL!
Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you do get to work on that sewing machine. It's best to start with something easy, like an apron or a pillow. Knit tops are nice, too, because you don't have to deal with buttons and zippers. I bet you'll like it so much, you'll be sewing lots of presents for next Christmas!

Candy :) said...

Loved everything and you look so pretty!
Hugs,
Candy :)

Mimi said...

Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful party....
you looked lovely also by the way...and your house was so festive...I'm sure your friends had a great time... thanks for giving us a glimpse into your preparations...
Merry Christmas,
mimi

Tammy said...

How beautiful your home looks and so Christmas-y! I'm participating today in a bloggy Christmas tour, but yours was also like a Christmas tour!
Sounds like a wonderful party, too!

Kelly said...

You look so pretty!!! I just love the decorations, the kitchen, the glasses out with the beverages! Oh I wish I was there! It looks so inviting and welcoming. I am sure everyone enjoyed it!

Winter Blessings~
Kelly

Kelly (The Barefoot Mama) said...

What a fabulous party, Sharon! You're such a great model of hospitality and Christian warmth. Plus, you look absolutely stunning in your outfit! One hot mama! :o)

Brenda said...

You are beautiful as always. Looked like my kind of party.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Sharon everything looks so festive and I LOVE that red blouse!!
Blessings,
Robin

Sondra said...

You look so pretty next to your tree. It looks like you had a wonderful time. Wow! 30 people! I don't think I have ever had that many people in my house at once. What a great time you must have had. Did you do all the clean up by yourself? I would have had to enlist my hubby on that one! LOL!

Hootin' Anni said...

Just passing through to send along my wishes for a joyous holiday to you and yours!!!

I don't know if you missed it or not, but I do have an award for you at my blog [Sunday's blog]

Daughter of the King said...

So festive....and tell me the dishes you used...the ones with the floral print on them...who makes those....think they are lovely.....your house looks so festive.
Deby

nannykim said...

It sounds really wonderful; isn't great to get together with kindred spirits?! But the question is--how not to gain weight with all of that wonderful food!!

HumbleHomemaker said...

You look so pretty. I love your blouse. Your house is lovely. What a fun evening.

Cottage Contessa said...

It looks like it was a fabulous party! I wish I could have been there too!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Jan Parrish said...

Looks wonderful. I agree, lots of prep but oh so much fun. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...