Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas Memories!

I finally had a little minute to show you some pictures from our Christmas experience this year. We had such a wonderful season and it was so nice to end with such great family gatherings.


Christmas Eve: From left to right, Jessica, Eric and my mother, Shirley, filling their plates! Every Christmas Eve since all of my sisters and I got married we have always gathered together at one of our homes. This year it was at my sister Kelli's house (Kelli and her husband Ralph and their three kids, Whitney, Samuel and Joseph). My parents, Leonard and Shirley, and my other sister and her family, Kathi & Stacey and their four kids, Harrison, Victoria, Jessica and Garrett, plus Eric and I and our four sons were all able to make it. Kelli decided the menu this year would be every family bring two appetizers and one dessert. Everyone brought such wonderful dishes that were so delicious!

Above is a picture of Cameron, Mackenzie, Grayson and Harrison standing around visiting and joking. The cousins are pretty close, over the years we have all gathered together and spent the night at each other's homes, and so the cousins are more like friends. It is really wonderful!


Jessica, Joseph, Samuel and Victoria waiting to play our fun Christmas present exchange/game. We had such a blast.


Eric and I in front of Kelli and Ralph's tree. When we got back to our house that night Eric and the boys and I all sat in our living room with a cozy drink and we lit the last Advent candle and read the Bible about Jesus' birth. Then the boys opened their two traditional gifts, a new pair of jammies and a new book. Then we had to get to bed so Santa would come! LOL!


Christmas Morning! The stockings are hung by the chimney with care and it looks like Santa might have filled them up! LOL! Notice Kenzie's face looking up in wonder, he is always clowning around!


Hayden opening some of his gifts.


It is nice to have big brothers that work! Grayson and Hayden received Guitar Hero III from Cameron! I thought that was a very awesome gift - so did they!!!


Cameron opening a nice sweatshirt from Kenzie.


Now it is Kenzie's turn. At our home we rotate. Eric starts by opening the presents from Hayden, then I open the presents from Hayden, etc.. all the way down the line. Then Eric opened the gifts from Grayson etc. We like to make it last and everyone watches to really enjoy the whole experience. I am so proud of my kids because they are all so generous and truly love to give.

Eric helping Bailey open her presents. She was really into opening her gifts, it was really cute!

Oh.........the mess after!


Eric bought me a new stereo and surround sound system. I do not live with procrastinators......they all jumped up after we were done opening and started installing it while I was making breakfast! I am amazed by the men that I live with!!! :0) It was a little hard because the house was so torn up! We had a big ladder in the middle of the family room and furniture moved everywhere plus boxes and cords, etc. but it was okay, really it was .......breathe Sharon......breathe! At this point every single room in our house except for the downstairs bathroom was a mess! Oh well, it all cleaned up! I have finally matured and realized I would rather have the time with my family than be freaking out about a clean house!


Our traditional Christmas morning breakfast, French toast, bacon and eggs on the special Christmas plates. Usually Eric makes the breakfast, but this year I did because he was installing the new stereo. This is the first time we have ever had all of us in the picture for the Christmas morning breakfast thanks to the tripod that Cameron bought me for Christmas!


Christmas Day Dinner: Later at about 2:00 we went over to Eric's parents house (Jim & Alice) and when we got there we were all standing in their entryway with no sign of Alice. We started asking where is Alice when all of the sudden she popped out of this box! Isn't she adorable! I might add that she is 72 years old too! She is such a neat role model, she is always doing something fun and unexpected and she loves to make people feel special. Eric's sister, Stacey, and her husband, Jim, and their kids, Monique and Preston were there too!

Look how pretty she set the table! It is always like this when she invites us to dinner. She uses her best silver and china and makes you feel so warm and welcome. This year she gave us all Christmas Crackers as party favors. That was really fun!


She had a spread of appetizers waiting for us so we nibbled while we visited and opened gifts.


The kiddie table, from left to right, Hayden, Cameron, Monique and Preston.


The adult table. Jim, Alice, Stacey, Mackenzie, Grayson, Eric and Jim. We are all wearing the crowns we got in our Crackers.


Here is a picture of me wearing my crown (don't you think it is appropriate! - ha!). We had a very lovely Christmas celebration this year. I got sad the next day and cried a little because it was all over. I hate it that my emotions do that. It has something to do with those empty nest feelings. I prayed and listened to the new Chris Tomlin CD that Hayden gave me and I got better.

I hope all of you had wonderful Christmases and have a happy New Year!

"If you need wisdom - if you want to know what God wants you to do - ask Him and He will gladly tell you!" James 1:5

~ Sharon

5 comments:

yellowfarmhouse said...

Looks like you had a wonderful holiday spent with family and made some special memories.

Happy New Year - Karen

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, It looks like lots of fun at your house and with your extended family. Alice is so amazing. I hope you have a wonderful New Year's holiday. Love, Kathi PS I have a picture of you and me at Kelli's

Candy :) said...

Loved all the pics. You are beautiful by the way!

Happy New Year & God bless


Candy :)

Cottage Contessa said...

Oh Sharon! Sweetie reading this post and looking at all of your beautiful photo's brought a lump to my throat. I could FEEL the love and happiness you all share, you are so blessed! What a wonderful Christmas!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Sheila said...

You look great! I love your blouse or is it a dress?

I wish I could share my photos but I need a USB cable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...