Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Decorations - Kitchen

Here are some pictures of our kitchen all decorated for Christmas. The above Santa cups and little angel are from the 50s and are made by Napco. They are becoming quite collectible. I think the faces of the little girls and boys are so sweet.


Above is a picture of my kitchen window sill all decked out for Christmas. I have a lot of the vintage brush trees and sparkly Santa's. The wreath is reproduction and made by Cannon Falls. I love it!
I found this awesome vintage baby Jesus at a thrift store, it is made of some kind of stone, it almost looks like it has salt in it. I just love this, it is so old and so precious because it is baby Jesus. The postcard in the back is dated 1910 and simply states: To George, From Aunty.

I found the little child's mug at an antique store. It has a picture of father Christmas giving gifts to children on the front. I filled it with miniature vintage brush trees. The vintage looking father Christmas is something I cheated on! He is a cheap dollar store reproduction that I found at Goodwill for .49 cents. I painted glue all over him and rolled him in mica. He looks pretty cool, don't you think!



Above are more Santas on the window sill. They are reproduction too. I love how they look.


Above is another Napco figurine and he is dated 1956. I have him next to a framed picture of some Christmas puppies (sorry there is a reflection in the picture).


Last but not least here is a picture of an old elf probably from the 60s next to a large bottle brush Christmas tree and a votive candle.

"I have set the Lord always before me, because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

Merry Christmas! Sharon

7 comments:

nannykim said...

We used to have some elves very similar to that one in the last picture---there is a Vermont store that still sells reproductions that are similar.

Sondra said...

I have some napco and lefton items too. Love the faces. Oh and I have one of those elves too!It was my moms from the 60s (you are right!) I just love all of your vintage Christmas items you have been showing.
You are right about where I live. I guess living in the Bible belt you just take things for granted. You don't realize that some places just won't tolerate some things.

Leigh said...

I was blog roaming and found your site. I will definitely be back. I love how festive it is!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

Mary said...

Sharon,

I love ALL of your vintage Christmas items. I must start looking in antique and thrift stores for these lovely treasures. The child's mug is beautiful and so are your Napco items. I collect things like this and they are so pretty. The faces are innocent and lovely.

The bottle brush trees and the wreath bring memories of childhood. Thanks so much for sharing all of these beautiful items.

Merry Christmas, my friend. May the Light of Christmas shine in your heart and home this holiday season.

Blessings,
Mary

Scrappy Jessi said...

love everything! have a very merry christmas!!!

Adrienne said...

Sharon - I came over here from Mimi's blog. I enjoyed your Christmas decorations. I live in Oregon - in the Willamette Valley just south of Portland. We used to have a small town but it's all changed and now we are in the suburbs! Where do you live?

Have a wonderful Christmas as you celebrate the birthday of the King!
~Adrienne~

Kelly said...

God Bless and Merry Christmas Sharon! Hope you and your family are having a wonderful day!

Christmas Blessings~
Kelly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...