Saturday, November 3, 2007

This and That





Last night I had an awesome evening with my Bag Lady friends. The two pictures above are of us at our annual girls get away trip that we take in June. This past June we stayed in a cabin on a river. My friends are from left to right Brenda, Eileen, Kathleen, Me, Virginia and Gail. The second picture is us being funny trying to look like models and showing off our big jewelled rings that Brenda had given us! Aren't they a hoot! We wore them the whole weekend even into shops and restaurants, we had a blast.

Gail was here visiting from out of town, so Virginia hosted a wonderful dinner for all of us. I did not take any pictures of our evening, but it was beautiful (the above picture of the fall table is from the Internet, Virginia's table looked very similar). She decorated her table with a fall theme and it was gorgeous. She used china that had a sweet fall looking flower border around it with gold flat wear and fall napkins. She also had amber colored glass candle holders and accessories. All of the Bag Ladies were there including Virginia, Brenda, Eileen, Kathleen, myself and Gail, but Lori could not attend.

For the appetizer Virginia made little smokies wrapped up in a fresh bread that she had made and we dipped them in a smokey barbecue sauce. She served homemade pizza with crust that she made from scratch the night before, which was delicious, green salad, fresh fruit and for dessert she made wonderful homemade cinnamon bread sticks that we dipped in a yummy frosting and also cake! There was not a shortage of food! I don't know how she did it......she works full time....yet everything was perfect and ready to go at 6:00! Amazing! She is truly an inspiration. We lifted up her son in in prayer as he is leaving for Iraq this morning. Please pray for him, his name is Shane and his wife's name is Becky, they have two little children.

We had such a great visit and boy, did we laugh! I am so thankful for my wonderful girlfriends.

Grayson had his last game of the season last night and it was an away game. Eric and Hayden drove 2 hours to get there. I couldn't go because I had to work. The Bulldogs lost the last game and it took them out of the playoffs, but Grayson was okay with it. He had a really good personal game and he told me he was getting a little tired of football as he has been playing since early August!

Today the three men (Eric, Grayson and Hayden) are hunting and I have much to do around here. I need to change sheets, clean my bedroom (there are clothes everywhere), take down Halloween, put up Thanksgiving, make cookies and work on other things. I shouldn't be blogging! Tonight's dinner, oven baked chicken with cream of mushroom soup poured over it and rice...yum!

I better get busy. I hope all of you have great weekends!

"Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens! May your glory shine over all the earth." Psalm 57:5



In Him ~ Sharon

9 comments:

Sondra said...

Sounds like you bag ladies had a great time! I used to have two very close friends and we would get together and thrift shop, antique shop and we would even spend the night in Hendersonville NC for the apple festival. Unfortunatly the three of us a very bad falling out over a year ago and do not even speak anymore. It has been very hard on me to lose my best friend. I have tried to reach back out to her to no avail. :(
Well, we are painting my bedroom today. I better get back upstairs to help before Sandy calls out the search team for me!

Nunnie's Attic said...

Sounds like you had a great time and have quite a bit more ahead of you yet. Have a great weekend!!

Love,
Julie

Myrna said...

Love the Bag Lady group! Looks like fun! I'm sure you enjoy the girly girl thing with these sweet friends since you have a family full of men!

Mary said...

Wow! You have beautiful friends. I'm glad you had such a great time. Friends are the flowers in the garden of life. I enjoyed my visit and wanted to thank you for visiting my Treasures to Me blog.

Blessings,
Mary

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
Love the photos of you and your friends. The bling rings are great!
I loved all the photos of your Halloween decorations, will you post some of your Thanksgiving ones? You inspired me to buy Halloween mugs for my Drama Queen and I to drink our hot chocolate from during October next year. Have a great week!
Love, Velvia

Brenda said...

Thanks for asking about Kaytlynn, She has her good and bad days. We are happy with the way things are going in court. Thanks for the prayers.

ginger at enchanting cottage said...

WOW! Some people go a life time with out a true friend and you have 5 of them. You are very blessed. I have been blessed with 3. Thank-you for sharing
ginger

Sharon said...

Velvia asked me if I would show pictures of my Thanksgiving decorations. Yes, I will be showing them, but I do not have as many. I love Thanksgiving and I feel bad that it gets lost between Halloween and Christmas, so I really like to make a point of decorating and thinking about it and giving thanks!

Blessings! Sharon

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...