Monday, November 26, 2007

Thank you, dear friends!


I want to thank all of you blogging friends out there for your sweet comments of encouragement and support regarding my previous post. The sadness lifted and I feel so much better. We went to church and had a great afternoon. I started getting some of my Christmas cleaning and decorating done, spent time running in the yard with the boys and the puppy, joked with my husband, made a good dinner and we watched a Christmas movie last night.

It really encourages me to hear how many of you neat women have gone through the same thing. I think it makes it a bit easier just to know that I am not alone, and perhaps I am normal and that most women have gone through these feelings.

A few of you suggested ideas that you do to make yourself feel better after you pray and read scripture, i.e.; baking, taking bubble baths, etc. and I do the same, but then question myself whether this is right or wrong. Am I supposed to pamper myself to get my mood up or trust the Lord? I think if it is something for myself and I have time and it doesn't cost a lot of money (like an expensive shopping trip) than it is probably okay. We can't fix ourselves, we need to leave that to God, but He also gave us a brain to use and I believe He probably wants us to be productive, so it is probably good to pamper ourselves a little to get out of our funks.

Years ago I used to get really blue after Christmas. I don't know why. I think it was because I love Christmas so much and enjoyed it so much with my family, and then it was over. It also meant another year has gone by and a whole year will go by before we have another Christmas and the boys will all be a year older. I used to get so down that we started planning a bigger New Year's celebration so I had something to look forward to. For about ten years now, we have celebrated New Year's at near by resorts and stayed the night. We always go to a place with a pool. We stated inviting our friends Bill and Shannon and their kids, so now we have this really fun tradition that we all look forward too. That definitely lifted my "After-Christmas-blues". I have questioned whether this is good or not. Am I trying to fix a problem myself or am I trusting God? Right now I think it is good because it works and it is great for the whole family and I know that interwoven through all that I do is my love for the Lord. It is funny too that I don't get the "after-New-Year's-blues", I guess by then I am ready to get back into a routine.


Through all of life's ups and downs God is the one and only true constant thing. He has a plan for all of us and He is with us. I am so thankful for such a loving God.

Thank you again to all of you out there with your great love, encouragement, advice and most of all your prayers!

"You have made known to me the path of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand." Psalm 16:11

Blessings to all of you! ~ Sharon

7 comments:

HumbleHomemaker said...

Sharon, I am so thankful you are feeling better today. I just now this morning read both of your posts on this. You are doing the right thing by reaching out to the Lord. He is so faithful and so wanting for us to ask Him when we feel this way.

I do the same thing at times. I remember Dad telling me that he asks that the Lord would let him feel His presence with him. I too, now do this. God is so huge. I hope you have a really good day today. I love your darling pictures. Love ya so much, Kathi

Hootin' Anni said...

I just read your previous post....and after I read through this one, I can only say that "Of course we all feel this at one time or another". I feel sadness and being blue and down and out are PART of living. We have to have these feelings so we can truly KNOW what happiness IS. And it's His way of showing us...

I carry with me "Footprints in the Sand" at ALL times. It has truly seen some wear and tear...I will not get rid of it [hubby always wanted me to get a new one] ---the old one has served me in my times of need and personal solitude and devotion...

Yes, Sharon, I think we NEED the sad/lonely/blue feelings to know what happiness is!

[and that's just my opinion]

Mimi said...

Sharon,
I'm so glad you were able to chase the blues away... they hit us at the most unexpected times ... and I am happy for you that you are feeling better....

Mary said...

Sharon,

There is nothing wrong with pampering yourself. Remember, your body is the temple of the holy spirit, so when you pamper yourself, you are pampering the temple.

God wants us to enjoy our lives and He will give us the delights of our hearts. Take a bubble bath, read a good book under a cozy quilt. The simple things are always the best to get us back to the place we know we should be.

I'm so glad you are feeling better.

Blessings,
Mary

SweetAnnee said...

I love the Christmas Season so much, it is disappointing when it's over..and a whole
year more before it comes again..but each season
has much to give us..I'll try to focus on that..when I feel sad that's it's passed again for
another year..Deena

Brenda said...

I have so many feelings that you do..It is hard and each day is a new day.

Kristen said...

Amen! I am so thankful that through all of our crazy antics we have that steady rock, our father in heaven who will love us despite our unworthiness and disobedience to him from time to time. Isn't it reassuring that no matter what we go through or what we have gone through, God will be there waiting to bear our burdens! Hmmm, I am thankful that he has given us each other (our Christian blogger friends) to be an encouragement to each other and possibly non-believers or those who have not yet accepted the Lord as their Savior!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...