Saturday, November 10, 2007

Tacky Night!



Last night I met two of the Tacky girls, Shannon and Jill, at a wonderful church bazaar. I have talked about the Tacky girls before, we started this little group of seven girlfriends about eight years ago. We named it TACKY because it is an acronym for Treasures, Antiques, Collectibles, Kitchenware and Yard Sales. We used to get together once a month at one of our houses and we would have yummy food, have show and tell about our most current thrift store finds and then we would do a fun project. Because of life changes, it seems like we hardly meet any more, so it was really fun to spend some time with at least the three of us.

The Cottage Bazaar was really wonderful here are some pictures. I love to just look and soak it all in and get really good ideas. There are a lot of talented women who participate and sell their creations. They also sell antiques and collectibles. Jill actually had some items in the sale.





Below are the treasures I purchased. I bought a wonderful reproduction mini Christmas stocking. I think it is so cute! I love the old white print on red felt stockings, I think they are so fabulous. I actually have a true vintage one that I will have to show you when I decorate for Christmas.


I also found the neat chalkware snowman. I love how he is painted and I love all the glitter on him, but he does have kind of a funny face with a piggish looking nose!


My favorite find though, is the above Santa Christmas light bulb. He is very collectible. I have about 12 of these now in different shapes. They actually used to have strings of these kind of shaped lights! Isn't he wonderful! They are pretty rare because if they burnt out people would throw them away. I think they are so awesome.

I had a nice evening with my great friends. Later Jill and I had a nice dinner and went to a thrift store, which was really fun too! It seems like I have been spending a lot of time lately with my friends, this is kind of unusual, I don't do this all the time! But it has been really, really fun to spend some time with my good friends! I am so thankful that the Lord has brought these great women into my life!

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him." I Corinthians 2:9

Blessings to you! Sharon

10 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh Sharon I love your things and its so nice to see your TACKY friends,...LOL. What a neat name!!
I am decorating my house tonight...I couldn't wait any longer!!
Love,
Robin

Brenda said...

That looks like such a fun time. What a great idea to get away and spend time with friends.

Candy said...

I LOVE everything!!!!!!!!! :)

Daughter of the King said...

oh..It looks like you had such a wonderful time...you girls...seem the type I like by your TACKY acronym....and the bazaar...whooohooo how fun is that
Deby

Our Red House said...

All those things are lovely. And going out with girlfriends can be such fun. I love that little Christmas stocking. It's so sweet.

Kate

nannykim said...

Friends are such a blessing from the Lord...and it takes time to make them and to keep them ;-)...It is so nice to have others that share our interests!! It is not something to be taken lightly especially in our time. There are so many lonely people and perhaps it is because we don't take time for each other and because in our culture we are so busy....especially with our families. It surely is hard to find the right balance, isn't it?

Mary said...

Sharon,

I would have loved to have attended the bazaar. Great finds. Mom still has a Santa Christmas light identical to the one your purchased. It is still glowing on her Christmas tree each year and it has been doing so since the 50s. I can't imagine it lasting that long, but it is a real childhood memory for me.

I enjoyed my visit here, as always and found I had a little catching up to do.

Drop by my blog and enter my giveaway.

Blessings,
Mary

Kelly said...

What a super cool group of friends, Crystal! Love the name! :o) Your newfound treasures are great...I especially adore the little snowman bulb, too!

I'm so excited to see how you decorate for Christmas! I know that I can't be the only one!

SweetAnnee said...

Oh Sharon you and your TACKY friends look so pretty and you found GREAT treasures!!!
woohoo..
It looks so fun at the bazaar!!
wish I could have gone too.
fondly, Deena

HumbleHomemaker said...

Oh it is so much fun to go shopping with you. I wish I was a TACKY girl. I love all the treasures you find and all the cute things you all do together. Maybe I will join you in a few years.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...