Monday, November 12, 2007

Our Weekend


We had a great weekend! It was a productive weekend, but relaxing too. I feel so good because I got my house all cleaned up, including my laundry room! Look at my November 8th post to see the before pictures! I made cookies, watched Hayden play flag football, went to dinner with Eric Saturday night, hung out with the boys and watched a movie, went to church with Eric and the boys and played b-ball with Hayden in the street and made a good chicken dinner Sunday night.




I am really proud of Hayden because he didn't have anything planned for Saturday afternoon and getting kind of bored, so he called all his buddies and arranged a touch football game down at the middle school. About 12 guys showed up and they had a blast. I walked down to the middle school and watched him and walked around the track for exercise. They all got so muddy and had a blast!

Grayson worked Saturday from 2-7 and Sunday from 4-10. He is a hard worker and we are really proud of him. I miss seeing him so much, but I know this is part of life and it is so good for him to work hard and be responsible. Cameron called Sunday afternoon, he was at a church retreat at the coast as a leader, it is part of his internship for college. He said it was a great retreat. We didn't hear from Mackenzie and Brittany, I'll have to check in with them today.

On Saturday morning Eric decided that he would make applesauce! He bought two boxes of apples and started to peel away! This is something he has done for many, many years. I will be doing a separate post about his applesauce tomorrow. He really enjoys it and it is so good!




On Sunday I made some peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies (from a box mix) and they turned out yummy!



And later in the afternoon Hayden and I played basketball in the street. I am no athlete, but whenever the boys ask me to play with them, I try to always do it. Hayden asked me Sunday afternoon and I really didn't feel like it, but a little voice in my head said, "do it, he won't always ask you, he will grow up and not want to play in the street any more, go do it." So I did and I am so glad I did! I have so many good memories of playing all kinds of games with the boys outside from four square, to tennis, to playing on rollerblades and stilts. Now three out of four don't do those things anymore, so I really need to take these opportunities when they come with Hayden! We also got in several rounds of speed, which is a really fun, fast card game. I used to be the queen at this game, but he keeps beating me now! I think I am getting a little old and my hands are not as quick (could this be true of my brain as well?). I will have to fight him for the championship!



I'm pretty sure this shot went in!!! Ha! :0)

Today is Veterans day and there is no school. We are just hanging out here and then going to the movies tonight. I think we will be having leftovers for dinner.

"Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don't have. Just dreaming about nice things is meaningless; it is like chasing the wind." Ecclesiastes 6:9

Blessings to all of you! Sharon

13 comments:

Joyfull said...

I enjoyed reading about your weekend! Productive, fun weekends are the best! What a great point about cherishing the fun and games with our boys.

Mimi said...

looks like you had a great but busy week end... your laundry room looks great by the way!!
now I studied the picture of your basketball shot... and I'm not so sure it went in!!! now be honest... maybe it was a little low? :0)

Cottage Contessa said...

Sharon, I just LOVE this post! I love hearing about families doing things so happily together. It really warms my heart to see the photo's and to know that you have this wonderful relationship with your loved ones. Magic! I also love your home, it really feels like a home filled with love.
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Hootin'Anni said...

Cookies look scrumptious! I wish I could use the mixes, but can't because of all the high sodium content.

I love to play the game "HORSE" with basketballs...I used to win a lot of 'em.

It's a great feeling isn't it ---to have the house sparkly again?

Brenda said...

wow girl you had a rocking weekend. Lots of food and fun. wish I had got my cleaning done =(
I also still can't find to enlarge my font.

joan said...

Hi Sharon,

Sounds like a great weekend and your kitchen and laundry room look great. Isn't that the best feeling when you feel like you are caught up? Have a good week!

Betty said...

Sharon, how many wonderful memories you made with your family. I guarantee you that your children will remember the time you spent with them more than things you purchased for them......

Thanks for visiting with me...Betty

Mary said...

Yes, take time with him while you can for one day he will no longer ask you to play.

Wow! The schools close for Veteran's Day. Here in Canada, the kids go to school and have an assembly. Everyone goes to work except government employees and banks.

Thanks for sharing.

Mary

Jan Parrish said...

Now you are making me hungry and I don't have any of those cookies! :)

Great job on the cleanup. I hope you enlisted some of yoru strapping boys to help.

ginger at enchanting cottage said...

WOW! GREAT JOB! Its is so nice to get things done that we have been wanted to do. It looks like you hade a wonderful weekend.
ginger

Nunnie's Attic said...

Sharon,
First - GREAT job on your laundry room. I remember the previous post so I was duly impressed!

Second - my oldest son would ask me to play catch in the backyard. Football or baseball it didn't matter. I always enjoyed that. Not too cool to hang out with your mom!

Love,
Julie

HumbleHomemaker said...

You are such a great mom. Wow, you are making so many wonderful memories for your children. I want to do the same.

Julieann said...

YAY!!! Your house looks great!

Julieann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...