Saturday, November 17, 2007

More Thanksgiving Decorations

Here's more Thanksgiving decorations around our home.

This is a funny little place that I have in the family room that connects to the kitchen. It was the only place we had for a file cabinet, so we plopped one in there. I never know how to decorate it, so I just fill it in with whatever I have. This is the same cute mat that my friend Mareta made that I showed you earlier in the fall and I placed a amber turkey candy dish upon it. Behind them I have two old cast iron candle sticks that I adorned with fall silk flowers and put a tray that I made behind them.



We made these trays in our Tacky group. We all brought an old tray that we painted flat black and simply used Modge Podge to glue on wonderful old Thanksgiving pictures on. We spent the afternoon cutting out the pictures and gluing them on and had ourselves a good 'ole time! It is a pretty simple project and really fun, and it makes a wonderful piece of Thanksgiving art!


Here's my window sill for Thanksgiving. As you probably know by now, I love to change out my window sill decorations for all the holidays and seasons. For Thanksgiving I hung a cute vintage postcard that my friend Jill made me on the center beam between my windows. It is a reproduction postcard glued to black heavy card stock with cute fall colored fringe hanging from it and a wire attached to use as a hanger. I think it is so cute! She is so talented!

I have two Avon crystal squirrel votive holders on each side of the widow sill. I love these squirrels, they are really heavy glass. Avon also made a turkey in the same manner and I have him displayed in the kitchen as well. I have a set of vintage turkey salt and pepper shakers along with a vintage postcard and some Hallmark figurines, two squirrel pilgrims and a cute little mama fox holding a piece of pumpkin pie. I just think they are so cute!


Above is a little corner by my sink and I have a vintage postcard with a wonderful wax squirrel flanked by an amber glass votive holder.


Above is another Gurley turkey candle with another vintage postcard and another candle. I love candles and have them everywhere in my house!




Here is an old vintage turkey cardboard cut out that was probably used for a window decoration or to use in a classroom. I simply used a hole punch to make two holes and tied an antique ribbon for an easy way to hang him from my hutch.


Well that's it! I hope all of you are having a joyful Thanksgiving season!


"Offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and pay your vows to the Most High." Psalm 50:14


~ Sharon

5 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

I especially love that wax squirrel....love all your decorations as well!
Blessings,
Robin

Anonymous said...

Before I forget (because our Thanksgiving is over here in Canada) I wanted to wish you and your family a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving!!!

Hugs,
Candy :)

Allison said...

Your displays are very pretty! That platter is great, and I really like the vintage hanging turkey. The window nook decorations look really good. It looks so festive and cozy.

allie
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

Sheila said...

Cute decorations! I especially like the vintage cards and postcards.

nannykim said...

Where did you get the cards for the modge podge tray? They are wonderful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...