Wednesday, November 28, 2007

More pictures of the master bedroom

Here are a few more pictures of our master bedroom.

Here is a closer view of the neat wardrobe that I purchased at a local thrift store. The thrift store has buyers that travel to England and pick up tons of old furniture for practically free and ship it here, then sell it for pretty reasonable prices. The story the employees told me is that the people in England don't value these pieces because they are not that old, they are from the 40s and 50s and they have so many really old antiques that are hundreds of years old, so these are almost junk to them. It is hard for me to believe because I think it is wonderful and I am thrilled to own it!

My messy dresser. I found this dresser years ago for only $5.00 and it had a dark walnut stain on it. I painted it cream and sprayed on a gold webbing spray paint on it. I would like to strip it and paint it again, but when???!!! I found the window at a recycle plant and painted it and sanded it. Then I had a local glass/window company measure and cut an old mirror that I had to fit the window perfect. It turned out really cute, but it is sooooo heavy!

Above is a shot of our funny little vanity that is right in the bedroom. I try to be thankful that I even have a powder room attached to my room, but I get really frustrated with no storage room. Can you see the little drawer there on the left, I have three of them and that is it for storage. I do put things under the sink, but it is your typical cabinet under a sink with the exposed pipes, so it is not a great place for storing things.

Above is a picture of the actual toilet and shower area. Eric hung the cabinet and we keep the towels in there. Oh.....I really didn't want to show the picture below.....but thought you should see how bad I am! This is my hidden shame, my dresser top!

I love jewelry and wear different piece almost every day, but when I come home I just throw it on my dresser! What a mess! Eric bought me one of those jewelry armoires, but I am lazy about putting my things away. My goal is to get this cleaned up in the next couple of weeks!
I just wanted to share this idea with you. I saw it in a magazine and it works great! I hung an old pretty china sugar bowl lid on the wall and use it for a hook to hang my outfit that I want to wear the next day. Isn't it cute! I found the neat mirrored cross at a garage sale for .50 cents!


That's all. Now I need to get back to all my Christmas decorating! I have boxes all over the house and need to dig in!

"Thou shalt make thy prayer unto Him, and He shall hear thee......" Job 22:27

~ Sharon

13 comments:

Brenda said...

all very nice. Love the hook idea.

Kelly said...

Just beautiful! Each picture gets better, and the clothes hook idea is just classic, that is so perfect.....hope you post some Christmas decorating! No pressure :)

Blessings~
kelly

Cottage Contessa said...

Beautiful room! I love the sugar pot lid idea! Brilliant!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

ginger at enchanting cottage said...

I to have so many things I want to paint but I just don't have the time. I probable spend to much time reading blogs! But I enjoy it so.
ginger

yellowfarmhouse said...

Such a pretty bedroom - thanks for sharing pictures of your home.

Hugs - Karen

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
I love the pictures of your room!The wardrobe is gorgeous, what a great find! Congratulations to Grayson on his football honors. I can't wait to see your Christmas decorations when you get a chance to post them. I hope your Friday and your weekend are wonderful!
Love, Velvia

Kelly said...

Beautiful, Sharon! We are so lucky to be able to tour your gorgeous home. :o) I love it! That's super cool about the English furniture!

Jan Parrish said...

Oh, I love tours. Thanks for taking us.

My motto is, if it's antique or it looks like it belongs in a castle, I'll love it.

Love the wardrobe. Our bedroom is a work in progress. We are working on the family room now.

If you'd like to join me in a light hearted meme, come visit my blog. Oh, and sign up for the contest too!

Kristen said...

How clever! I am anxious to see your Christmas decorations! Love the idea with the lid as well! :)

nannykim said...

Love your wardrobe--it is so nice to have old things that have been with others in other time periods--I think that is what I like about old things--it seems to connect us to others and give a richness in our lives--I alwas thinks of the books that could be written starting with an old object---and hey--CS Lewis did that with a wardrobe!! There is a richness in making a house a home---I think families appreciate this quality ---and I love your messy bureau--don't clean it up---it suits you and it gives it a lived in feeling--a touch of the personal. Blessings ;-)

Anonymous said...

I loved the sugar lid/coat hook idea,so cute.And I can't say enough how lovely your home is.So many special personal touches,thanks so much for sharing it with us!
Love,Gayle

Our Red House said...

I have really enjoyed looking at these pictures of your bedroom. There is so much I like, but I think my two favourites are the needlepoint and the lid on the wall for your outfits.

Congratulations to Grayson on his football success. You must be so proud of him.

Mammy said...

The wardrobe is amazing! Things like that are so hard to find. You are blessed. What a lovely home you have.
Nancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...