Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Fun!

Old man Hayden
"Back in my day we used to walk 6 miles in the snow to Trick-or-Treat!"

Our meal - Sharon's secret recipe Chili! The cornbread was still in the oven


Brittany's fun dessert!


Some of the trick-or-treaters that came to our door!


We had such a fun night last night. I didn't get pictures of everything, but here are a few. Hayden dressed up like an old man. He got to dress up for school and he said everyone loved it. Simple and cheap. Some of the little touches are funky glasses, the wool hat with ears, suspenders, a cane and his own idea, a fanny pack filled with Kleenex and nose spray! Too funny. He kept saying things like "get out of my yard!" and "back in my day......" It was funny. He went trick-or-treating with his group of buddies and he made a haul!


Grayson had his four friends over and then they went out trick-or-treating too. I didn't get any pictures (I hate it when that happens!), but he was Johnny Appleseed, which was simply a checkered shirt and a pan on his head!

We had chili, cornbread and green salad for dinner. Brittany made a beautiful "dirt" cake. It was so good too! She put gummy worms on top. She is going to email the recipe to me if any one would like it!
I have an old family recipe for chili! I don't like to give it out, but decided to share it with my blogger friends, see the pictures below for the recipe!




Got ya! Actually Nalley's Chili is my absolute favorite chili. I bought a hurken can, simply opened and poured it in a pot to heat! As Martha Stewart would say.....It's a good thing! As you can see I am still in my work suit. I wore black and orange and painted my nails black! We had a fun day!


"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous runneth into it, and are safe." Proverbs 18:10


Blessings to all ~ Sharon

6 comments:

Candy said...

LOL Thanks for the chili recipe!!! :D

Is that a little "geek" at your door? LOL cute :)

Mrs. Wilt said...

Sharon,
Looks like you guys had a LOT of fun last night! Love those black fingernails...that's REALLY getting in the spirit! :o)

Kelli said...

Sharon, your evening looks like so much fun! The costumes are great and I love your outfit too! I made white chili and cornbread for dinner. I'll have to remember the dirt cake (YUM!) for next year!
Hugs,
Kelli

Sondra said...

Oh, I LOVE dirt cake.That is the favorite birthday cake around here. Sounds like you guys had so much fun last night. Great costumes- I love the homemade ideas so much better.

Nunnie's Attic said...

Don't you just love Dirt Dessert? I mean really. Crushed up oreos can definitely fix what ails ya.

Love,
Julie

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun last night. I love Hayden's costume, it's so original! We always pulled together our costumes from stuff we had around the house when we were kids too. Your Fall photos are beautiful, it brings such joy to see God's beauty all around us, doesn't it? I hope you have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!
Love, Velvia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...