Thursday, November 15, 2007

Grayson Got His License! I got new Hair!

Yesterday, I waited here nervously while Grayson was out getting his driving test! (Why do waiting rooms have to be so sterile?) He tried for his license 6 weeks ago, but did not pass, so I was a bit nervous for him. I feel like he is a good driver, and the law in Oregon requires new drivers to have 100 hours of driving experience with their parents, which he did, so I know he is a good driver, but I was still nervous. We prayed before he started.

After the test I saw the examiner walk in the door first and she looked at me and said, "He did it!". Grayson walked in after her with the biggest grin on his face! He was so happy and so excited! Yea! Praise God, he passed! He not only passed, but he got 90%!

He got his picture taken for the new license and they didn't need to ask him to smile!

Afterwards I bought him lunch at Arby's. We prayed and thanked God for our food and for helping Grayson pass! Later he dropped me off at home and he took the van back to school - a new licensed driver!






Earlier in the morning I had my hair cut and dyed! I was brave and told her I wanted blond, dark brown with a touch of red! You can't really see the red in this picture, but it is there! What do you think? I think I like it. I'm not getting old......I'm getting sassy! :0)


"I will give to the Lord the thanks due to His righteousness and justice, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High." Psalm 7:17


Happy Thursday! :0) Sharon

15 comments:

Liz said...

Your hair looks fabulous! There's NO way your old enough to have all those sons! :)

Kristen said...

Your hair looks great! I have only two years until I will be going through all of that with my daughter so I it is good to hear of a mom who is not dreading that moment! What a wonderful Christian Family! You are an encouragement to all of us!

ginger at enchanting cottage said...

Best of luck to all of you. Its pretty big step!I am sure your prayers will change just a bit.
ginger

BittersweetPunkin said...

Congratulations to Grayson!!!
Ok..and when you said you got new hair I was expecting 6 inch hair extensions!! LOL
It looks lovely...good for you!
Blessings,
Robin

Brenda said...

I love you hair you sassy thing!I really do like it alot.
Your son is a doll. such a pretty smile.

Cottage Contessa said...

Congratulations Grayson! My daughter will be doing the same in 3 years! oh no! Sharon, I love, LOVE your new hair cut & colour. You look so modern and beautiful!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
Congrats to Grayson for getting his driver's license! It's so exciting when our children achieve a milestone, but it was a little nerve wracking for me at first when my older two got theirs. I just had to put them in God's hands and trust Him to protect them, which He always has. Your hair looks great, it suits you! And I love your Thanksgiving decorations, your home looks so cozy and warm! Have a great Friday.
Love, Velvia

Sondra said...

OH, I am so happy for Grayson. Aaron just finished his drivers ed and will be taking the test in a few weeks! Your hair looks great. I had mine like that for a while, but I am just not a blonde.
PLEASE stop by my blog today for a special memory of my daughters.
((hugs))

Nunnie's Attic said...

Congratulations to Grayson and your hair looks great! I'm so ready for a change...

Love,
Julie

Our Red House said...

Congratulations to Grayson!

I love, love, love your hair!!!!

Kate

nannykim said...

Hmm--I think the style makes you look younger--what does your husband think. I hope Grayson will be very careful!! I am tagging you--go to my Nov 15 post called "tagged"--but do not worry if you don't want to participate or have time--I do not usually do these things!! But..I am passing it on!

JoyFULWifeMom said...

Like!!!

SweetAnnee said...

Love love love your hair!!
and how great..Grayson got
is license..My youngest got hers
in the midst of a snow storm here
last winter.. I was so nervous waiting
for her to come back..SHE passed
despite all the snow drifts!!
smiles, Deena

Jan Parrish said...

Awesome hair. :)

Where do you live that there is no one around. Not a soul at the DMV, no one at the Arby's. Are you in the Twilight zone? LOL.

Congrats to Grayson. I just had an email questioner that me if I passed the drivers test the first time and I had no idea it was so long ago.

Allison said...

I love your hair Sharon!!! It looks great, and you do NOT look old at all!!

allie
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...