Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Eric's Applesauce









Over the weekend my husband decided to make applesauce. This is something he has done in the fall for many, many years. He really enjoys doing it and the whole family enjoys eating it! He bought two big boxes of apples and started peeling away and he peeled all of them by hand!

He started the project out in the garage where he did all of the peeling. Eric is very much a "garage man", he has a TV out there and loves to hang out there. He is a timber faller and does all his saw work, pays the bills, and makes his phone calls out there. It is really his office/den. I think it started when he was a young father and he had lots of phone calls to make and pay bills, but he was also watching the boys as they rode bikes and played out in the front yard and street. He just started hanging out in the garage and he really enjoys it. So, on Saturday, he had the football game on and was busy peeling apples.


Later he moved the operation into the house where he cleaned and sliced the apples, and cooked them all down, mashed them and added the sugar and cinnamon. He ended up making 19 containers of applesauce, which we put in the freezer. I think that should last us a little while!

Here is the box of peelings. It gives me carpal tunnel by just looking at them!

I am thankful for my sweet husband, I am amazed by the things he does and I want to be a good wife and helpmate to him. I am truly blessed.

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done." Philippians 4:6

~ Sharon

7 comments:

nannykim said...

Yup--you spoiled me. I finished the batch I made last week so yesturday I had to go buy more apples and make another batch of applesauce. I like it a little on the tart side. But what I love---I have to be on a gluten free diet and homemade applesauce is like the pie without the crust--sooooooo gooooooood!!

Simply Stork said...

What a trooper...It's hard to do all that apple peelin' Love the pics...

~simply stork~

HumbleHomemaker said...

It's really neat that Eric makes applesauce.

Nunnie's Attic said...

That's a good man! My husband might like the idea of homemade applesauce but guess who would be the one doing it???

Love,
Julie

Julieann said...

Bless his heart--He did good--Yummy Applesauce:)

Julieann

Kristen said...

Your family is just wonderful! It is so nice that we are blessed with the ability to appreciate what we have now, isn't it!

Liz said...

Whoa. This is impressive. I LOVE applesauce, maybe I could talk Matt into doing this... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...