Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Day Before Thanksgiving

Last month I shared how I love to take hot chocolate up to my sons in the morning to wake them up and I showed a picture of two Halloween mugs on a Halloween tray. I just wanted to show you the Thanksgiving mugs and tray. This is just a little small thing I like to do for my kids.

Today is my day off and I am heading into town to pay a speeding ticket :0( I got it a few weeks ago. I was pretty shocked when I was pulled over, I didn't even realize I was speeding. It was a clear day and an open road with hardly any traffic and the speed limit had just changed. I have no excuse, but I was definitely surprised! It was $145.00! I am hoping that the judge will reduce it. This is my third speeding ticket in almost 30 years of driving.

Hayden gets out of school early, so we are going to get all the Christmas boxes out and put everything in the upstairs spare room so I can start going through it. I will not decorate until the weekend. I want to enjoy our Thanksgiving decorations while it is still Thanksgiving!

I also am going to get my special dishes out and start making my salads for tomorrow. I feel so behind on my house work, so I am anxious to get this house in order too. The puppy is taking a lot of my time (she takes up all of our time), so I am feeling behind. She also is creating a lot of new messes around here, there are always doggy toys laying around and her bed and food dishes etc., but she is soooo much fun! We just love her! We named her Bailey. She is getting really comfortable and already learning some of the rules!


I hope all of you have a blessed day and a wonderful Thanksgiving!

"Know that the Lord is God. It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, the sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. Psalm 100:1-4

In Him ~ Sharon

12 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Sharon..I hope you and your family have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Love,
Robin

Jan Parrish said...

How cute is that? I just want to snuggle up with him.

HumbleHomemaker said...

Sharon, I love your cute mugs and tray. You are such a role model for me.

It is a shock to get a ticket. That's a good record.

Your doggie is soooo sweet. Happy Thanksgiving.

UKBob said...

Oh I love your puppy. Border Collies are really smart, you are going to have so much fun with her. As she gets older be sure to teach her plenty of stuff because with them being an intelligent breed they need things to do or they get bored. Bob.

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Happy Thanksgiving.
Love the name of your new pup; that's one of my fave "doggy names".
:)

nannykim said...

beautiful plate, cups, and puppy!! That is such a neat thing--taking cocoa up to your loved ones!! (my hubby brings me coffe in bed--love it!) Dogs are so much work to train--I do not think I will go through that again ;-) . I did get a lot done today--I painted a bedroom, baked a new recipe for pumpkin pie from a fellow blogger, made apple pie and your applesauce ;-), made cornbread and cranberry bread and did 3 loads of my son's wash (home from college) and just finished a scrabble game!! I feel very accomplished! or should I say that I feel like I have accoplished something...Have a wonderful time with your famiy!

Kelly said...

Bailey is SO super cute, Sharon! I demand more pics of her, LOL! :o) Boo about the price of speeding tickets...I've been there before myself. I also just had to let you know what a great idea the hot chocolates are! You're such an excellent mother, and I really enjoy being inspired by all that you share here on the blog. You're a huge blessing to me! You remind me a lot of my friend Tammy - you guys are really optimistic, fun, involved and loving moms who go the extra mile in all that you do, from the least to the greatest task. Here's her blog:

http://theztkejones.blogspot.com/

Have a very, very, very blessed Thanksgiving, Sharon!

Kelli said...

Oh, your new little puppy is SO cute!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!
Hugs,
Kelli

Cottage Contessa said...

I love Bailey's name, it suits her! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving Sharon. Hugs for you!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Brenda said...

You are such an awsome lady...puppies are a mess,but so sweet and loving. Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Matron said...

I just saw your comment via UK Bob. I have a border collie too, come do a search on 'Buddy' on my site for photos. They are the cleverest doggy on the planet in my mind, be sure to invent lots of fun games for her to figure out. You will have to stimulate her intellect!

yellowfarmhouse said...

Sharon - Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday. I love the name of your new puppy and that picture is adorable. That tray and those mugs are pretty cute also.

Hugs - karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...