Friday, November 23, 2007

Blessed Thanksgiving Day


We started our day with Eric giving Bailey a bath, which she did NOT enjoy!
Then we all piled in the van and drove one hour up to Eric's sister's home, traffic was good at first, but then it was really packed, but thank the Lord, no accidents!
We brought Bailey and she slept all the way up in the van in her little bed, she did great!
Above is Eric's sister standing next to the prepared table. Her and her husband, Jim, hosted the beautiful dinner. I am so blessed to be married into this family! We have such fun together and everyone is so loving and supportive. It is such a blessing that all of our family members on both sides are all saved too!
Eric's mother, Alice, and Hayden

Eric's father, Jim, and my niece, Monique
Mackenzie and Brittany, you can see the boys in the background playing a really fun guitar game on Play Station. All the kids played all day long, I tried it and did not do so well! :0)

Eric and I after a really delicious dinner
All of us playing Dominos. The England's always play games after family dinners, I just love it! It is so much fun! Later we played a fun card game called 31.

I brought a green salad, appetizers (pepper jelly, cream cheese and crackers and smoked salmon cream cheese and crackers) and my mother's traditional Ambrosia fruit salad. Below are pictures. It is such an easy recipe and soooo good!

I always double the recipe, which is 2 cups marshmallows, 2 cups coconut and 16 ounces of cream cheese, all mixed together.
Then add a 16 ounce can of pineapple, drained and 16 ounces of mandarin oranges, drained.
Mix it all up and put it in a pretty bowl and you're done! It is fabulous.

I hope that all of you out there had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!


Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever. Psalm 106:1

God bless you! ~ Sharon

12 comments:

Cottage Contessa said...

Sharon, that photo of you and Eric is beautiful! You should photo shop it and get it framed. I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family, it looked like a really lovely day, and Bailey is so cute too!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Sondra said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time (and Bailey too). Sounds like you all had a very similar day to ours! My boys love the guitar hero game too.

Mimi said...

what a wonderful Thanksgiving you had...Blessing to you and yours

Brenda said...

What a great time. Everyone looks so happy.

nannykim said...

sounds nice--and such a cute little poo of a dog. I will have to copy the recipe!

Kelli said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful Thanksgiving day pictures with us. It looks like everyone had a great time!
Kelli

Mary said...

I am so glad that you had such a lovely Thanksgiving with the love and laughter of family. Love all the photos. Playing games is such fun.

Blessings,
Mary

Jan Parrish said...

What a blessing - such a great family.

Hootin' Anni said...

How wonderful!!!! What a beautiful family. I love family get-togethers like this....and dominoes? Wow, I haven't played that game in years. My dad used to be a whiz at it. The salad looks delish ---and BAILEY is adorable. [love the name you chose for her!!!]

SweetAnnee said...

I love that salad..I bought some things to make it
and forgot some..sooooo I'll be making it soon.
Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving..thanks for sharing!!

I am singing..
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is Good
His love endures forever!!!

Deena

Kelly said...

Great photos, Sharon! The one of you and your hubby is just gorgeous. :o) What a radiant couple! Mmmm to the recipe and aww to Bailey!

joan said...

Okay, I'm way behind in reading posts. Looks like a wonderful dinner and you ambrosia salad looks wonderful, I'll have to remember it for my Christmas day celebration. Also sorry to hear you were feeling blue. I have also felt that way and I know mine was hormonal due to menopause. Could be hormonal. But glad you are doing better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...