Sunday, October 14, 2007

Weekend Happenings






On Saturday afternoon I took Grayson, Hayden and Hayden's friend Drew to the pumpkin patch to get our pumpkin. The little farm store also has a floral shop, so we got Grayson's corsage for his homecoming date. Going to this little pumpkin patch has been our tradition for many, many years. The owner has always had a free, fun spook house mainly aimed at preschoolers, but we have always enjoyed walking through it and sadly, she didn't do it this year. She had a competitor pop up down the road and she decided to give it up. It is sad when things come to an end. But we were able to do our other tradition that we do there and that is to buy a fresh apple and eat it on the spot, and we purchase their yummy homemade apple cider, it is soooo good!


After that we went to shopping at Wal-Mart. Last week I bought Grayson a nice cream colored outfit for the dance at Penny's, but the pants were too long. We didn't have enough time to go back to the city, so we went to Wal-Mart, which is closer. We couldn't find any cream pants, so back to square one! Grayson found the hat and thought it was so cool, so we built his outfit around that. You can't tell from the picture, but the hat is a mini black and white stripe and then we found some black and gray pinstripe pants that coordinated. I think it turned out pretty cute and when Katie got to our house (her father was chauffeur for the evening) her dress matched his outfit, so they looked really cute.


When I got home I decorating the house inside and out with Halloween things. It didn't take too long because I already had so much fall decor up, I just had to add in a jack-o-lantern or black cat here and there. I did re-do my windowsill and added a tray of vintage Halloween decorations. Old vintage Halloween things are really hard to come by and very collectible, if you have any.....hold on to them!


Sunday after church Eric, Grayson, Hayden and I went to visit Mackenzie at his new place. It was neat because when we got there Cameron was there and later Brittany came over, so we were all together. He lives in a house that he shares with three other guys. It is really nice and comfortable and perfect for Kenzie. He has a little nook that works perfect for his music studio. I am so happy that he is living there. One of his roommates is his best friend, Colin. They have been best friends since middle school and we often think of Colin as our 5th son. All the guys living there, including Mackenzie work in middle school and high school ministry, so it is neat that they have that in common. We are very proud of him and really happy for him!







Now we are at the close of the weekend and ready to start a new week. I hope all of you have wonderful weeks!


"Love never faileth." I Corinthians 13:8

Blessings! ~ Sharon

2 comments:

Betty said...

Sharon,

Thank you for visiting with me...no I didn't make the swag...I bought it at Marshall's...I do think you could make one.......

Please come again....Betty

Brenda said...

What a sweet time. Your sons are so nice looking.You sure did a great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...