Friday, October 12, 2007

Show and Tell - Evening Handbag






Kelli at There's No Place Like Home has show and tell every Friday and here is mine. You should go over to her blog and see all the other neat treasures that people are showing!

Today I would like to show you this wonderful little evening bag. It was given to me by Eric's mother, Alice, two years ago and it is so special to me. Alice told me that it was given to her by her grandparents when she was 15 years old so that she could use it when she went to "Snow Balls", which were school dances. I think it is about 57 years old! It is so pretty and sparkly, right up my alley! I especially love the diamond clasp. I also like it because it is so petite. It has a pretty little silk lining sewn in. I was touched and so thrilled when she gave it to me. It means so much to have something given to me by her that is so personal. I have it hanging on a shelf in my entryway where I can see it everyday. In the picture you can see a few other old purses that I have picked up here and there, I have collected them for some time, so when Alice gave me this one, it fit right in!

I will treasure this little purse always!

~ Sharon

20 comments:

JoyFULLWifeMom said...

How neat. I lvoe handbags and hats of that era. Just to let you know that on the link on Kelli's b log it links to a different blog than this. But becasue I knew you I came to your blog after I figured out that that wasn't your blog link. You might want to check it out.
Have a fun weekend!
Chrissy

ellen b said...

Sharon that evening bag is exquisite! How fun to have it. FYI I don't know if it was just my click but when I clicked on your name at Kelli's it didn't bring me to your site. I got here by clicking on your name from the comment you left at my place. Blessings...

jennifer said...

Neat handbags, I love the way you display them!

Penless Thoughts said...

Lovely evening bag and so special since it was a gift to you to add to your collection.
Susan

Hootin'Anni said...

That's downright gorgeous! I love how you have them all displayed. That is just such a wonderful conversation piece on your wall! Sensational idea.

My show n tell is shared, won't you drop by and have a candy or two?

Connie said...

Those always catch my eye at the antique mall. To actually have one from a family member is just icing on the cake. Love how you have them displayed.

Take care,
Connie

Tracy said...

What a special treasure. She must love you as her own!

Jane said...

I like your evening bags! What wonderful, happy times from the past they represent!

Thanks for sharing,
Jane

Trudi A said...

Very pretty and I love the way you have all your handbags displayed.

Kristy Jo said...

i just adore your collection!!!!!

Candy said...

Ohhhh..pretty!! :) Love it!

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

I just love evening bags they are so fancy and bright. What a great gift to receive!
~Amy

Laura @ Laura Williams' Musings said...

I like your handbag display. Very pretty.

my first show and tell is up

Kelly said...

Oh Sharon, that heirloom handbag is GORGEOUS! What a treasure! You have a beautiful living room, as well. :0) Have a great and blessed weekend!!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts said...

It's gorgeous and so special that you mother-in-law gave it to you.

nannykim said...

That is beautiful!! I have a very very old one that hangs in my hall--it might be from the 1800's--I had thought of doing it for show and tell--but I will at another time. Man ,,,,we have a lot in common--are you sure we aren't sisters? ;-)

Quinne said...

What a precious gift, Sharon! Thank you for sharing that lovely story. Blessings! Q

Mommy said...

I love the handbag. What a special thing to have. :) It is so very pretty!

Sara said...

That's a beautiful bag; I like your little bag collection, especially because they sparkle!

I like your red gingham background too - very colorful. Would you ever consider enlarging the text size for "old" ones like me, so we can read it better? It's very cool, but my eyes aren't that young anymore! Just a thought. . .

And thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Oh, that is just beautiful, and so special since your MIL gave it to you! My best friend collects vintage bags, she would love yours too!

Katherine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...