Sunday, October 7, 2007

My List Idea Worked!





Hey, posting my weekend to do list really helped me get things done! I kind of pushed myself because I knew that my list was hanging out there in blogland for any and all to see and it encouraged me to press on! I did everything but two of the things on the list, but also did some extra stuff! I am thankful to the Lord for helping me and giving me strength because I have been fighting a terrible sciatica pain down my leg. It started last Wednesday and is finally getting a bit better.


Today after church Grayson said, "Mom, can you take me to town so I can by my skateboard?" and I decided to drop everything and take him and Hayden to town. It was really fun. After Grayson got his custom skateboard made we stopped at a little store for a treat and went to this neat place in town. I don't even know what it is, but it is a huge area, probably the size of two football fields of flat concrete with a fence all around it. I think my mother used to say it was the old water tower or something like that. Anyway, no one goes up there, so we had the whole place to ourselves and Grayson got to try out his new skateboard and Hayden brought his scooter. It was a fun spontaneous thing and I'm so glad we did it.


Cameron came over for dinner Sunday night with us. I made meatloaf and baked potatoes for dinner and we had fresh baked chocolate chip cookies for desert. Oh, on Saturday afternoon Kenzie dropped by for a couple of hours to visit, so I got to see both my older boys! Nice end to a nice weekend. I highly recommend posting your to do list! :0)


"As a deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the Living God." Psalm 42:1,2


~ Sharon

5 comments:

Allison said...

I'm so glad you had a productive weekend, and I agree, I think posting the to do list would really spur you on to get it completed. That's a great idea. It's also nice to hear that you had such a fun weekend with your family. Your meatloaf dinner sounds great. I love meatloaf and baked potatoes (and chocolate chip cookies of course!).

allie
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

Becka said...

My eight year old ds has been begging for a skateboard, I have to admit...I am a chicken mama. LOL. I just keep telling him to wait.

Feel free to use that video. It's not mine, just something I saw on Youtube. If you go to youtube, on the lefthand side of the page is a little box. It has all kinds of video information including a code that lets you imbed the video. It says EMBED. Just copy and paste that code into the body of your post and you should be good to go!

Candy said...

Nice pictures :)

JoyFULLWifeMom said...

I am glad you got some things done. Sounds like a nice weekend. Handsome boys, and cute pic's.

Chrissy

Sue @ praise & coffee said...

Oh how fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...