Monday, October 22, 2007

Mother & Daughter Brunch




Saturday morning I met my mother and two older sisters for brunch. We were celebrating three of our birthdays. Here we are at the restaurant, clockwise starting with me, then my sister Kathi, my mother, Shirley, and my other sister, Kelli. We had such a wonderful time! It was extra fun because we exchanged gifts!

They all gave me such lovely gifts! They know me so well and picked things that are perfect for me! My mother already had sent me a check in the mail with a beautiful card, but she gave all of us girls a little purse sized perfume and she gave me Oscar de la Renta, which is my all time favorite perfume!

Kathi gave me the cute purse picture frame, the four little wine glass gel candles which are so cute and when they are gone I will use the glasses for when we do home communion. Kathi also gave me the beautiful black leather purse and gorgeous butterfly pin and matching bracelet. The jewels on them are stunning and so me!!!! She actually gave those as extra gifts because she had recently given Kelli some extra things and wanted to be fair! :0)

Kelli just recently came back from a wonderful trip with her family and she picked up my gifts at Dollywood (which by the way, she said is a wonderful place to go visit!). First is the sweet little tea towel handmade by Hindu women, their stitch work is wonderful. She also gave me the neat piece of slate that has praise the Lord hand painted on it. My favorite is the little glittered chick! He is made out of chalkware and oh so cute!

I felt so happy and loved after our wonderful visit. I am so proud of my sisters and my mother. We have always gotten along so great and always really loved each other. I am so blessed to be part of this family.

"Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another." I John 4:11

~ Sharon


8 comments:

Brenda said...

What a special time. Mom looks like one of the girls. I would have thought oldest of you all. Such a pretty bunch.

Sondra said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful get together! Is your birthday in October too? I live very close to Dollywood and it is a fun place to visit.

Hootin'Anni said...

How perfect!!! Sounds like one memorable, terrific day spent together. You know how lucky you are, I'm sure. My mom's gone, and my one and only sister lives [Sharon, by the way] 1000s of miles from me.

A perfect day indeed...I lived your fun through the internet and enjoyed it with you ---see how great blogs are? :o)

Mimi said...

I see your son and his friends had a great time... and they your sisters, mom and you shared a fun time together...
you are very blessed with your loving family!!!

Nunnie's Attic said...

Sounds (and looks) like you had a fabulous time. I miss my sister so much now that she's in SC. You're so lucky to blessed like that.

And man, there were a ton of boys at your house, huh? Skinny skinny too. Send them over here - I'll fatten em up.

Love,
Julie

BittersweetPunkin said...

What a lovely lovely time...and that picture is so wonderful! I hope you frame it! Happy Birthday BTW!
Blessings,
Robin

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Looks like a lovely time!
You all are beautiful ladies; what a treasure to be able to be together!
:)

Candy said...

Looked like a great time and you got some lovely stuff. You are all so pretty..especially your mom..she is so cute!! :) Happy Birthday :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...