Thursday, October 18, 2007

More Spooky Decorating








Here are pictures of my Halloween themed tray on my bookshelf in the kitchen. The tray itself is so cute, it is vintage, probably from the 50s and is black with orange, red and yellow leaves all over it. It reminds me of Mary Engelbreit - which I love!

Like I said before, vintage Halloween things are very hard to come by and very collectible. I was thrilled when I found the two Halloween noise makers. They go for a little chunk of change on Ebay! They are made of tin and have wooden handles and have wonderfully painted graphics. I also always buy vintage cupcake picks whenever I see them. I have two types here, the three together, the pumpkin, ghost and cat are spun cotton and the other one is a black cat made from that old hard plastic. The Trick or Treat sign is also a cake decoration from the 50s out of the hard plastic. I have a few vintage candles too, you can see the owl candle sitting at the front of the tray.

I found the little bucket hanging on the side of the shelf at Goodwill and filled it with candy. I think it looks cute. The jar is not old, I just think it is charming with the wooden carved cat face for the lid. The candy is probably two years old though! Gross! But I figure no one will eat it and why buy new candy every year?! I always squeeze in a cute votive holder because it looks so cute at night when I light it.

That's all for now! Later I will show other touches of Halloween throughout the rest of our home.

Blessings to you!

"This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

~ Sharon

8 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh Sharon..I LOVE your things!! I am glad I finally had a chance to stop by your blog! Thanks for your sweet words on your last visit...I will for sure be back as I marked you as a favorite too!
Blessings,
Robin

Nunnie's Attic said...

Sharon I love all of your decorations and that wallpaper. I can't quite make it out but it looks lovely.

Love,
Julie

Candy said...

I love the wallpaper too :)
Your good at decorating Sharon!!

Julieann said...

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO want to come over to your house:o)

Julieann

Mica Garbarino said...

fun festive Halloween goodies !!!

Mica you can also find me at
http://garboodles.typepad.com/

Blessings to you!!!

Mica

Hootin'Anni said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!! That is just one of the best ideas for collecting Halloween things I could ever dream of!! Vintage!!! Way cool Sharon.

[I'm wondering if you are typing in my blog url instead of copying and pasting. If you are typing my url for the blog then perhaps you're typing in just ONE hyphen? There are TWO http://hootin[two hyphens]anni.blogspot.com] If that still doesn't work, then just take your mouse over the address bar on your browser window, and highlight the whole shebang....copy and paste it to add.

Hootin'Anni said...

I just skimmed down below too.....the prayers being answered makes one feel strong and whole, doesn't it?

Also, the other Halloween goodies below....SUPER!! I am truly in awe!!!!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

I enjoyed seeing your decorations; I love vintage holiday decor!
:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...