Monday, October 29, 2007

I've Been Tagged





Kate at Our Red House tagged me with a Picture of Me Meme. The rules are you put up a picture of yourself that shows the real you and talk about it and then tag three to five other people. As some may feel uncomfortable posting a current photo, a baby or childhood picture is fine. Post the picture, tell us the story behind it, copy the logo, and tag three (or more) others (without forgetting to tell them that they have been tagged!)

I tag:

Candy @ At Home with Candy
Sondra @ My Real Life With Four Teenage Boys
Kelly @ Barefoot Mama
Mrs. Wilt@ The Sparrow's Nest

This is a picture of Hayden and I out in the snow last year. I am being very brave and posting a close up picture of myself without any makeup on for the whole world to see! I like this picture because I feel like it shows the real me. Grayson and Hayden and I woke up to snow and we went out to play in it. I want my kids to remember me as a mom who plays with them in the snow and doesn't worry about being perfect all the time or all dolled up in makeup all the time. I want them to see that I can drop everything and have fun with them. Don't get me wrong, I am the first one to admit that I do enjoy wearing makeup and on most occasions would not be caught dead without it! So I guess it is all the more special for me to be able to post it and show the world the real me! So, here I am barefaced!

Thank you Kate for the Meme!


UPDATE: I've been busted! Nannykim noticed that I do have a faint pink lipstick on. I didn't even realize I was wearing it, I am not wearing any foundation or eye makeup though. I am sure I put it on to protect my lips from feeling dry. I did not want to lead you wrong! :0)


Blessings ~ Sharon

11 comments:

Candy said...

What a beautiful picture. Both you and your son look adorable.
I wish I looked that great without make up! How do you do it!!! Good genes I guess :) You really do look beautiful without makeup!

LOL, I dont think I have a pictur eof me without make up just because putting on make up is one of the first things I do every morning. Not that I wear much make up though...only eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. And presspowder. Thats all though.

Ok, I will try to do this tag soon. I was tagged the other day by someone else so now I have 2 to do plus some more posts to catch up on posting :)
Im a little behind these days :)

This was fun, thanks for sharing! :)

Kelly said...

What a neat meme, Sharon! I'm gonna be brave, too, and play along!

P.S. Your photo needs no explanation - you're BEAUTIFUL! :o)

Our Red House said...

You have such beautiful eyes!

Thank you for joining in. When I posted that picture of myself, I had no plans to start a meme. However, when a reader suggested it I thought that it might be fun. I've never started anything like this before, and I was worried that the idea might fall flat, so thanks for participating and helping get the word out.

Hugs,

Kate

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
Love the picture! You look great!You can tell you're having fun. I'm sure your boys appreciate having such a great mom who is so involved with them. Love your Sunday fun pics too! Love, Velvia

Brenda said...

Such clear skin! That is a sweet picture with your son.

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

You are beautiful!
I think those spontaneous moments are often the best.... just taking the time to be together and enjoy one another!
Thanks for sharing!!
:)

Julieann said...

How fun!!! I love the photo--I will do mine this week:)

Have a great evening Sharon:)))

Julieann

Cottage Contessa said...

Great photo Sharon, you are a very lovely lady, and such great skin too! Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I hope you'll come back soon!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

You are just so pretty, even without your makeup! Miss Kate got me, too, as you know. Your son is adorable, too!

I love your blog and the fall pictures. So pretty!

xo,
Becky

PS: I am adding you to my list if that is ok with you.

nannykim said...

Hmmm--I think I see some pinkish lip gloss ;-)

BittersweetPunkin said...

Sharon...thats funny that you mentioned the no makeup because I had to remember to put some ON before taking MY pic! I guess I am getting lazy being a SAHM!!
Thanks for the Sweet Comments BTW!!
Love,
Robin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...