Saturday, October 27, 2007

In Memory.......Sadie May 2000 - October 2007



Our beloved family dog, Sadie, passed away yesterday. It was so sad and unexpected. She started showing signs of illness just on Tuesday and she steadily got worse. At first she was lethargic, but then got to the point where she could barely walk. Eric took her to the vet yesterday and the vet said her liver had shut down. They really did not know why except it could be related to the fact that she has had seizures all her life.


We are so blue about this. She was such a great dog. We got her when she was three months old. All of the boys really loved her. I started thinking about it, she is in the background of most of our fun family memories, backyard barbecues and swim parties, Christmas, camping, birthdays, etc. she was always around us. She would do anything to please us and she made us laugh all the time. We really liked her because she was a great guard dog, but only barked when necessary and she was friendly with all visitors. She truly enriched our lives.


We will miss her dearly.


"Blessed are those who mourn for they will be comforted" Matthew 5:4
~ Sharon

9 comments:

Sondra said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I know how difficult that can be. Sandy and I both got a dog right after we got married and they both passed away in the same week last year. It was so hard on us. I know how sad you must be.

Candy said...

Aw Im sorry to hear about your dog. She was a pretty dog.


Hugs
Candy

Our Red House said...

I am sorry to hear about your sweet dog. It sounds like she was a wonderful pet.

I found your blog today thanks to your sweet comment on mine. You are at a slightly different stage to me but we also have four children with nine years between the oldest and youngest. It can be a challenge finding activities that suit everybody yet I am so glad I have them all.

I am looking forward to coming back and reading more. I loved the post about your son's girlfriend. I hope my boys are equally blessed.

Jan Parrish said...

How hard for you to lose such a trusted friend and companion.I will be praying for you and your family.

Don't discount your feelings. know that you need time to mourn. Take time for yourself, journal and talk to God. It will help you work through all this. You might even consider a family memorial service.

Big hugs.

Hootin'Anni said...

I'm in tears!!! Our beloved pets are NOT JUST PETS---they're our family.

She was beautiful. And as you say, you're blessed to have had Sadie grace your lives.

Nothing can replace your loss, but the fond memories.

*sobbing here*

Anita said...

Oh Sharon, I am so very sorry to learn about the loss of your dog.... May he rest in peace. I even had tears in my eyes when I read your post. It reminds me of the cat we had when I was a little girl. One day, she disappeared and never came back home.... I still miss her now, after all the years.

I didn't have much time for visiting the show & tell participants on Friday so I'm doing so this afternoon. Your little perfume bottle looks great and so nostalgic. I very much enjoyed the story that goes with it.

All my best wishes for your and your family during these difficult days!

Best wishes from Germany,
Anita

nannykim said...

Sorry to hear about your dog; she looked so sweet.

Nunnie's Attic said...

Oh Sharon, I'm so sorry. It is harder than anyone realizes when you lose a pet. I still cry over my dog and she died in March of 1998, almost 10 years ago. I miss her every day because she wasn't just a pet. She was a family member we had for 16 years.

Poor Sadie. May she rest in peace and comfort now.

Love,
Julie

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh Sharon...I am so sorry....Sadie has given you lots of love and memories and I'm sure she will live on in your heart...she is now chasing squirrels in Heaven.
Blessings,
Robin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...