Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!


Happy Halloween to all of you!





Eric and Hayden carved the pumpkins last night. Sadly, we only have one son left that is interested in carving the pumpkins, but we do have so many great memories of all our little boys busy out in the garage with Daddy carving pumpkins. And someday when they are older, they will be the fathers carving pumpkins and making memories with their own little ones! I picked up the lid of one of the pumpkins and smelled it and oh, it brings back such great memories, mostly of my Daddy and the anticipation I had to get dressed up and get free candy! We all love roasted pumpkin seeds, so we saved the seeds and will roast them in the next few days. Julieann at My Daily Life as Wife and Mother has the recipe and directions on roasting pumpkin seeds.


Tonight we are having a bit of a dinner party; we are planning on having our traditional Chili and Cornbread for dinner. Mackenzie and Brittany are going to come over and help Eric and I answer the door & hand out candy. Later we will all watch an old scary Vincent Price movie. Grayson is having about four kids come over to eat with us. Hayden is going to have a friend or two for dinner and then go trick-or-treating with the neighbor boy and his family. I think this will be Hayden's last year to trick-or-treat. I still don't know what he wants to be, he said he will figure out his costume today after school. My kids are pretty creative with the costumes they come up with, they amaze me. We have a small trunk full of old costumes, so he will be able to throw something together pretty fast.


Have a fun day!


"This is the day that the Lord hath made, we will rejoice and be glad in it!" Psalm 118:24


~ Sharon

9 comments:

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

What wonderful memories you are making! I am new to your blog and have enjoyed this post...Happy Halloween!
Penny

nannykim said...

Oh I love old Vincent Price movies!!

Brenda said...

Sharon, what a special time. I remember those days. Rian leaves for NJ so he is carving mine before he leaves. He was always my carver. it is so special for him to return a young man and still love it.

joan said...

Great Pics! The pumpkins look good. Have a great Halloween!

Nunnie's Attic said...

Happy Halloween!!

Love,
Julie

Tammy said...

I love the pictures and sounds as though your family will be having fun.
I know it must be a little bittersweet as your children grow too big for certain things...although mine are still pretty young, they are growing as fast as lightening! Your son still looks like he totally enjoying the pumpkin carving, though! :)

Susie said...

Happy Halloween!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Sharon.....my hubby somehow got away with NOT carving this year...my Son did them himself....and was happy to have complete control...of course Mom got to scoop out the goo and roast the seeds!
Happy Halloween and I loved your photos...great smiles!
Blessings,
Robin

Hootin'Anni said...

OMG!!! We too have a traditional Chili on Halloween night!!! That's just plain ironic.

Happy November to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...