Saturday, October 20, 2007

Halloween Touches









Here are some pictures of some Halloween touches around our home. I just sneak a few jack-o-lanterns here and there and a black cat or two to my fall decor and wallah, it looks like Halloween time!


On the front porch I added a string of pumpkin lights to the railing and it looks so cute at night, I love it! It also lights up our entry way for the little munchins that will come trick or treating! Every year I put up the Trick or Treat wooden sign that my son, Cameron, made when he was about 11 years old. I think it is so cute! I also added a little jack-o-lantern lantern that I made. I have three hanging in the house too that you can see, one is a black cat. This was such a fun project! You just find a round jar, spray paint it black or orange and paint on a funny face the way they used to do it back in the 30s. I then rubbed walnut stain gently to give it that antique look. To finish it off I wrapped some wire around the lip of the jar to hang. Just put a tea light in and it lights up soft and glowy. I got the idea when I was looking at a book all about vintage Halloween decorations. I thought they were so cute, so I copied it!


My most special Halloween decoration is the jack-o-latern that I have on top of my fridge. He is sitting on top of my old radio. He is really old and made out of paper mache. Can you believe they used to put candles in these and let the children take them out to light their way Halloween night? That seems crazy to me! Needless to say a lot of them burned so a true vintage one is pretty rare. They make reproductions that look almost identical, but I know mine is truly an antique and I love him! I found him a few years ago at Goodwill mixed in with all their other Halloween decor and I only paid .99 cents!


I have an old light up scarecrow man sitting on the stair landing and it greets Grayson and Hayden as the come down the stairs every morning. He looks so cute lit up.


In the laundry room I set out a cute wooden black cat, a small wooden pumpkin and a votive. When I light the votive at night it looks so warm and cozy.


Well, that's it! Now, we just wait for the little ones to come knocking at the door all dressed up and saying "Trick or Treat!"

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him." Jeremiah 17:7

Blessings to all!


~ Sharon

4 comments:

Sondra said...

Does that old mixer work?

Sharon said...

No the old mixer does not work. The cord was really scary, so I just cut it off so my kids wouldn't accidentally try to plug it in. It is strictly for looks!

Sharon

Candy said...

I like the string of pumpkin lights! :)

Anonymous said...

The second picture down has a pumpkin and a what looks like a block of wood painted trick or treat. I think that is so wonderful and neat! What an artist to make such a masterpeice!

I just want credit where credit is due. Cause I made that. :)

-Cameron

Love you mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...