Wednesday, October 17, 2007

God is Good


The Lord has answered so many prayers for us lately, but specifically in the last week from one Sunday to the next He answered three specific prayers. It says in His word, do not be anxious about anything, but in everything present your request to God and He will give you the peace of God.

The first was for my son, Cameron, to get a job. He had been applying everywhere and not getting any offers, not even for interviews. It has been so hard for him because he needs to find a job that is willing to work around his college schedule. The Sunday before I was praying very specifically for him to get a job and I was getting kind of worried that he wasn't getting a job. Well, it turns out he met a guy on campus who said to apply at Target, that he works there and would put a good word in for Cameron. He applied at Target and this past Sunday he had an interview and he got hired for the job on the spot! It's wonderful because they are willing to work around his school schedule too! Thank you Lord!


The next prayer was for my other son, Grayson, who had his heart broken the week before. We stayed up late many nights discussing this situation and talking about God's plan for him. We prayed and Grayson was reading his Bible and seeking God for comfort and wisdom. The next week he was so happy and over that girl and is just in a place of contentment as he waits upon the Lord to bring him a special girl.


The last prayer was for myself. I had been struggling with sciatic pain down my left leg. I have never experienced it before and it was horrible! I could not get comfortable no matter what I did. I prayed a sincere prayer that God would heal me and a week later I realized, hey, it's gone! That was the moment I realized, wow, God answered three major things that were heavy on my mind one week earlier!


We are so blessed to be able to take our cares and troubles to Him. He cares and He answers our cries. Even if you don't get the answer you want, it is God's answer and there is peace in that. I don't know why we sometimes have to wait a long time for Him to answer, but we do. I believe it is for us to learn lessons He wants us to learn as we are going through the valley. We keep trusting. I am so thankful to my Father in Heaven for answering these prayers for our family. I am thankful for the actual thing we prayed for, but also for these moments that help strengthen our faith in God. I am thankful that we can go to God in the midst of our troubles and have such a sense of peace because we know we have put it in His hands!


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:6,7,9


Blessings! ~ Sharon

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Thank you Sharon. I needed that. I don't think I have ever seen so many troubles in a week. You can pray for us anytime.

Nunnie's Attic said...

Sharon,
Thank you so much for dropping by and paying me a visit. I love meeting new people and what a blessing to have found you!

First of all, I love the flower Rose of Sharon. It grows like wildfire in my yard. But it's so beautiful. Just like you.

Secondly, that scripture is one of my favorites. I claim it all of the time. It brings me such peace to know that I can call on God at any time of the day or night and it never even costs me a dime. True we do not know what God has in store for us but He does. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Adding you to my blog roll right now!!

Love,
Julie

Candy said...

Im rejoicing with you!

:)
Candy

nannykim said...

Yes--God is good ...when? All of the time! It is good to record answered prayer...and it is good to always trust when things do not work the way we expect....sometimes the prayer is answered by wait (as you surely know)--but I have seen that when he says wait there are many lessons being taught and a process is happening in many lives for all of our Good. One thing also is if in this life we have pain that does not end in this life, we know it will end in eternity!! We can set our minds on this glorious future and have hope for total joy!!

Sharon said...

Amen Nannykim!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...