Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Fall Decorations - Family Room














Okay, day three of the fall decor at Rose of Sharon :0). Today I am showing our little family room next to our kitchen. It is nice and cozy, but a little small. It is hard to really enjoy a good movie if all of us are home or we have company, to get more seating we end up bringing chairs in from the living room and the kids lay on the floor. This is one of the reasons we would like to move, but we have so many good memories all hanging out in the kitchen/family room together.


I like to put little touches all throughout my house and one simple way is hanging a leaf wreath on our TV cabinet. I really like how it looks. I found the tool box on top of the cabinet at a thrift store. It was used for.....you guessed it tools for someone who painted it white and had blue indoor/outdoor carpet stapled to the inside. I removed the carpet and painted it what I call "cool kitchen green" and then stenciled "FLEURS" (the French word for flowers) on the both of the sides.


I used an old orange enamel colander and filled it with fall potpourri. It is sitting on a marvelous leaf applique mat that my wonderfully talented friend Mareta made. I have a couple of close up shots to show you how good she is at her stitch work. Even the back is perfect! I am in awe of her handiwork!


I found the neat scarecrow, the wooden pumpkins and the candle holder all at thrift stores. The scarecrow needed something to sit on and I didn't have anything that would work, so I spray painted a fruit can black and it works perfect!

This is the fall swag I mentioned in my September 21st post. It is just torn fabric strips tied on to jute string with a variety of fall looking items tied on as well. I have a couple of scarecrows, an old crow and some brass leafs hanging on mine. This is a project that my craft group "Tacky" made several years ago. It is a really fun project and is so cute!


Tomorrow I'll be showing my dining room and living room.


"And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased." Hebrews 13:16


~ Sharon

7 comments:

nannykim said...

Love the wreath on the cabinet, the squirrel withthe matches, and the picture from the old book--man, if you go out this far for Fall what do you do at Christmas, YIKES!! I also had to laugh at the mess your family made on one of your posts when they made breakfast....that was hilarious and made me think of how are kitchen gets at times. We are getting ready to celebrate my Grandbaby's birthday (turning 1) this weekend--should be some fun. God bless, as you add the touches that make a house a home---that gives joy to your family!!

tina said...

Ok...here I am! And I'm lovin' every thing your about! We have a lot in common!! Decorating, loving family, cooking, and loving our Lord! Cute and great blog!

Kelly said...

Your home is so beautiful, Sharon! Inviting, warm, homespun and pretty...I love these pics!

Candy said...

I LOVE your Fleurs sign!!
The colander with potpourri looks lovely too. Its all lovely! :)

Smiles,
Candy

Mindy said...

Hi Sharon! Thank you so much for the lovely wishes for my birthday! It was wonderful that you stopped by my blog and said hello .. :) I have enjoyed looking at the pictures of the beautiful vignettes you have created in your home for the Fall season. May I add you to my favorites?
Blessings to you and yours..
Mindy

Julieann said...

I love all your decorations---your home looks so warm and inviting, so cozy. I especially love the cast iron pot with the floating candles--what a neat idea.

I giggled when you wrote that every other blogger loves fall--SO TRUE!!!!

Julieann

Brenda said...

Girl your things are just to cute. i have to come back everyday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...