Thursday, October 4, 2007

Fall Decorating - Living Room & Dining Room












Here is the fourth installment of my interior fall decorations. Today I am showing you what I did in my living room and dining room.

I put out a dark burgundy floral tablecloth to bring out a more warm feel to the dining room. I then added a pretty little silky runner that I found for $1.00 at the Dollar Store! I put my new horn of plenty on the table as a centerpiece. I really love it. I have looked for a horn of plenty that I liked for a long, long time and I finally found this one at Goodwill for I think 4.99. Score! You can see my pheasant hanging on the china hutch that I showed you on my September 30th post (Click here to see).

Isn't the leaf card/booklet awesome! I found it at an antique store many years ago. I absolutely love it! It does not have a date in it, but I am assuming it is from the late 1800s. It has a New York address inside, but does not list a zip code, I wonder when zip codes started? It is called Whispering Leaves and it is a little inspirational booklet. The last page says "Earth is beautiful, Heaven is wide, and we are happy for God is good!" I am amazed of the beauty of this little booklet. Back in the Victorian days they cared about every detail and made every last inch of whatever they made pretty! Look at the back of the card and the pretty ribbon that holds it together.......amazing!


All I did in the living room was put up some leaf garland on the fireplace mantle and put a little scarecrow and some fabric pumpkins on the hearth. You can see the mantle that my husband made a little better in these pictures.

That is all for today! Tomorrow is the last day and it is my entryway and stairway landing upstairs.


God bless you ~ Sharon

6 comments:

Candy said...

sooooo lovely!!! I love everything!

Smiles,
Candy :)

Mimi said...

I am looking forward to tomorrow... I bet you can really do a lot with a stair rail....
I love the dining and living room areas...
I am amazed at your ideas...

Kelli said...

I just LOVE your fall decorations, Sharon! Your home is beautiful and oh so cozy!!! Wish I could join you for a cup of tea. :0)

Kelli

Brenda said...

I love it all! The berries look so real. I love berries of any kind. Will be back soon.

Becky said...

No ... I'm wrong about the dining room. My china cabinet is smaller than yours. But so, so similar in style.

nannykim said...

The dining room looks very homey!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...