Friday, October 5, 2007

Agony of Defeat


Tonight the Bulldogs played the other undefeated team in our league and we lost 42 to 0. It was so sad! We even played on our own turf and we lost and not by just a little bit, we got creamed. It was so sad, such a bummer for everyone. My son had a good personal game, but he was pretty bummed. But, life does go on; we will move forward and play again and hopefully win again. It was neat because our crowd stayed until the very end, our cheerleaders cheered until the very end and our band played our school song at the very end. We have great school spirit and our team has really good sportsmanship.

I am really thankful to God that no one got hurt. I am also thankful for these good teachable moments for our kids to learn they don't always get what they want, life throws curve balls and there are disappointments, but that God is with us through it all. Events of disappointment really are faith building moments.

But still........oh, the agony of defeat.

P.S. I didn't take any pictures tonight, as I just wasn't quite in the mood. When we got home from the game and I wrote this post I did a search on Google Images for football, scoreboards, etc. and couldn't find anything quite right. Then I did a search for bulldogs and found this funny vintage postcard entitled "Ailing Bulldog", so I decided to use it. It seems kind of appropriate with how everyone must feel this morning. I wish he looked a little more masculine and was wearing red and black though.

~ Sharon

4 comments:

Julieann said...

aww, I am sorry about the loss--but the picture is GREAT!

Julieann

Jan Parrish said...

So sorry to hear about that. Next time you'll totally cream em. :)

I have to tell you that I love your profile photo. I'll bet your son or Dh took that one. LOL. My son and Dh always take the best photo's of me as well.

Hootin'Anni said...

What a wonderful post once again Sharon...tho, sad it is that the Bulldogs didn't win...it, like you so lovingly pointed out, it was a good lesson to kids these days! With that, I agree.

And what a sweet photo you found!

I love sports, so this was a good read for me!! You're tops.

JoyFULLWifeMom said...

I have tagged you at my blog if you want to play!

Chrissy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...