Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Brittany's 21st Birthday!




Last night we celebrated Brittany's 21st birthday! She is the girlfriend of our oldest son, Mackenzie. They are pretty serious and we are really happy about it. They have God as the center of their relationship and they are really perfect for each other. They even record music together! They made a worship CD and it is really awesome - it is electronica/modern music for young people; they take classic worship songs and remix them.

Brittany is going to college too and is trying to get into the university where Mackenzie goes. Her and I talk a lot about being a good wife and mother. I love it because she is showing such wisdom by seeking the advice of an older woman (I never thought I would be happy to be called an older woman!). Any way, we are so thrilled she is in our lives. We celebrated her birthday the same way we do our own kids including - I had her fill out the birthday survey and I made her the meal of her choice. She wanted Russian Chicken, rice and green salad with a chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. The meal turned out wonderful and the cake was really delicious too!


I want all of my future daughter-in-laws to feel welcome and join right in with our family. I look at is as our family is growing larger with more love! Mackenzie and Brittany are such a great example to our younger sons and I am so thankful for that! It was so fun for me to shop for a girl for once! :0)

Here is the recipe for Russian Chicken. It is so easy and so good, it is perfect for working women because it bakes in just 40 minutes. It also would be a great meal to deliver to a friend who just had a baby or is in need because it is pretty mellow, yet tasty.

1/2 bottle Russian or Catalina dressing
1/3 cup orange marmalade
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
6 to 8 boneless chicken breast halves

In a bowl combine dressing, marmalade and soup mix. Place chicken in un-greased 13x9 glass pan and top with dressing mixture. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes; baste, flip and return to oven for another 20 minutes.


Serve with white rice and green salad or vegetable

"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." Titus 2:3-4

Blessings! ~ Sharon

4 comments:

Candy said...

Sharon,
Any young lady would be sooo blessed to have you as her mother in love!

Your son is a cutie pie! And they look like such an adorable couple.


:) Candy

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Happy Birthday, Brittany!
How sweet that you included her that way.
:)

Kelly said...

You are so blessed, Sharon...and are a blessing this your son and his girlfriend, I'm sure! What a lovely celebration - and how cool that they record together! That's really, really neat. :o)

By the way - Your son looks a lot like the actor Ryan Gosling. I did a double take, LOL!

Have a very wonderful rest of the week!

Nunnie's Attic said...

Sharon,
I can only hope that when my sons start bringing girls home I'm as hospitable as you. Because right now, I don't even want to entertain the thought of all those girls after my son!

Love,
Julie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...