Monday, October 22, 2007

Boys! Boys! Boys!






We had a slumber party here Friday night! Hadyen had a late birthday party (his birthday was 9/22) and we had 10 middle school boys spend the night. Crazy! Crazy, but fun!


After Mackenzie moved out Hayden inherited his old room, which is on the opposite side of the house from our bedroom. It is a ridiculously large room for a 14 year old boy, in fact we jokingly call it his apartment! He got the room over Grayson because he plays the drums and there is room in there for the drum set.


We set up a cooler with a bunch of pop, a big bowl of pretzels, three bowls with three types of crackers and a big bowl of licorice. I bought four ready to cook pizzas and baked them for the boys. I set up six lawn chairs in his room for extra seating. I set it up so they really didn't have to leave Hayden's room at all. They were in heaven! We set up two TVs and two video game systems so they played videos most of the night. They stopped playing videos to watch Transformers. The next day I found two of them still awake! I sent them to bed immediately. But what was funny was when I went up the stairs I found 7 little boys sleeping in our hallway! It cracked me up because they could have come downstairs to sleep, but they wanted to be together and they didn't want to stay in Hayden's rooms because three boys were staying up later.


They all slept in until about 9:00 and had muffins and milk for breakfast. Later they played football out in the street in the rain. They all told me they had so much fun. They were pretty much all on their own. One time when I went up to check on them a boys said "I love this lifestyle". I feel so happy that Hayden has such good friends and that they all had a great time.


P.S. Eric drove almost three hours Friday night to see Grayson's game and they won! So now our team has won 7 games and lost 1! Yipee!

"My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth." I John 3:18

~ Sharon

2 comments:

Hootin'Anni said...

first off, great statistic for the team! Way to go!!

And oh what a grand party for the boys. But only 4 pizzas? I coulda ate one whole pizza for myself. [just kidding]

BittersweetPunkin said...

THAT is what makes a house a home! How wonderful! Those pics are great and your son is so blessed to have such wonderful friends!
Blessings,
Robin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...