Sunday, September 2, 2007

Wonderful Family Labor Day











We had such a wonderful day! After church we celebrated Labor Day with Eric's family. His mother and father, sister and her new husband and her son and his girlfriend all came over. We met at our house and then all drove out to the lake for water skiing and innertubbing. We took a bunch of snacks and visited.

I got in the innertube for a "pony ride" and it was fun, but not like it used to be! I really felt the effects of aging because I didn't like the bouncing and jarring around. Eric was driving the boat slow, but my ride didn't last too long! It is kind of a bummer when this happens because in my heart I want to do active things like this, but my body has limitations. I am determined to keep trying things though! Eric's mother, Alice, is my role model. She is very active and did things like waterski and innertube up into her 60s. In fact, two years ago her I and I got on the innertube together for a ride and she was 70! I am planning on writing a blog about her and sharing this wonderful woman soon.

When we were done at the lake we came back to our house where we barbequed pork steaks and had corn on the cob, Alice's "Beans Worth Stealing", watermelon and Eric's sister, Stacey, made black berry cobbler for dessert. We had such a wonderful visit with the family. I sit around and look at my family and I am just so thankful to God for all of them. It is neat to see three generations of people who love the Lord and we are continuing the legacy. I pray often for my children and grandchildren and all of my descendants that they are children of God. Jeremiah 32:39 says "And I will give them one heart and one way that they may honor Me forever, for their own good and for the good of all their descendants."
Love, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...