Sunday, September 30, 2007

We have an Awesome God!


"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.' Surely He will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and protection." Psalm 91:1-4

I am so thankful for my Father in Heaven. I am so thankful that I can go to Him any time, any place. I am so thankful that He is just, true and fair. I am so thankful that he gave His only son to die on the cross for my sins that I may have eternal life through Him. I am so thankful that He cares when I am going through hard times and He comforts me and strengthens me. I am so thankful that He will cover me with His feathers under His wings and I find refuge there.

I have a couple of friends going through some hard times right now and the picture above is such a good image of how Christ cares for us when we feel lost, scared and all alone. I am so thankful that God teaches us to lift each other up in prayer and calls us to encourage one another and comfort each other. It is such a neat cycle in that because I have gone through painful times and leaned on the Lord, that I can turn around and help a friend in need and use my experience to comfort them. I could not imagine going through hard times with out Jesus.

The two women I am talking about are two of my friends that helped me and encouraged me last spring when I was going through hard times. I pray for them and know that God has a grand plan for them and it will all work out for good because He says so in His word.

I am so thankful that we have a loving God.


~ Sharon

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Sharon,
I also have a dear friend going through a difficult time... the prayers of all my blog friends have helped her tremendously...
I will pray for your friends... I do not know their names... but God does...
Have a blessed day
{{hugs}}

nannykim said...

I know just what you mean--I have a picture I got for my husband by a Christian artist named Bill Stephens-- his website is http://stephens.myexpose.com/ if you go to his online gallery you can find some beautiful work. I got the picture of Jesus holding a sheep with Jesus's hands bleeding--it doesn't show Jesus's face--anyways God had been speaking to my husband about the fact that John 10:27,28--My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow me; and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand."--this picture of Stevens really portrayed this and I had the artist put my husband's initials on the sleeve of Jesus in the painting. It now hangs in our bedroom and is a contant reminder of God's working in my husband's life. I will pray for your friends right now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...