Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Vitamins






I just put my annual post-it note on the vitamin jar that I keep on the counter in the kitchen. I always write the same thing, "Dear Family that I love, cold season is upon us, so please remember to take your vitamins. Love Mom." I am a funny person and I like to hide all normal things like the toaster, the remotes, cleaning products, my blow dryer, etc. I figure I would rather have the item hidden or put in a container that is more pleasing to the eye. Instead of having ugly vitamin jars on the counter, I put ours in a cute little crystal dish with a neat little metal lid with a wood handle. I only do this with the chewable multi-vitamins and the vitamin Cs because the other bottles I really want to have the labels and directions for safety reasons!


On payday I am going to go to the pharmacy and pick up NyQuil, cough drops, Alka-Seltzer Cold & Flu, decongestant tablets, etc.. I like to have them on hand because these things usually hit when you least expect it and it seems like it is never a good time to run to the store! I also load up on Echinacea. Some people say it doesn't work, but it really does work for me and my family. The minute I start getting signs of a cold I take it and it never seems to develop into a big cold. Oh yes, I can't forget, I must load up on chicken noodle soup too! It is a really good time to also go through what medications we have in the cabinet and throw out expired meds.

Here's to you having a healthy fall and winter with hopefully no colds or illnesses!

"Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases." Psalm 103:2,3

"Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well." 3 John 1:2


~ Sharon

3 comments:

Joyfull said...

What a great idea for vitamins. I am big on containers for everything also, and my kitchen counter is so cluttered with our vitamins. Love it!

Sondra said...

How pretty your little box is. Does it not hurt the vitamins if they are not sealed air tight?
I too, hate having anything out on my counters. My husband thinks they are for putting all his stuff and mostly likes to junk up my bathroom counter! UGH! I am all the time moving his stuff.
Your house is beautiful! Take a look at my picture of Aaron's new paint job in his bedroom.

anita said...

I love your idea of stocking up for the the necessary meds for colds/flues at the START of the season. I always wait till we need it! I'm going to adopt your idea because it's miserable to have to go to the store when you don't feel well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...