Monday, September 24, 2007

Under the Weather



Yesterday I was feeling under the weather and didn't do much at all. I do not like days like that! Because I wasn't feeling well we didn't go to church. I stayed in my bathrobe and didn't take a shower until almost noon. I did manage to clean the kitchen, vacuum, do some laundry and cook dinner, but not much else. I had tomato soup for lunch and watched an old Hitchcock movie, Suspicion with Cary Grant and Joan Fontaine (I love Joan Fontaine!) during which I fell asleep on the couch. I had a headache and just felt really tired. I had big plans to get out all my fall decorations and decorate the house top to bottom, but alas, I was laying on the couch! Eric was around and helpful and I didn't worry about the boys because Hayden spent the night at Cameron's last night (that was a new one for us!) and Grayson was moving into his new bedroom.....Cameron's old one, so I was able to lay on the couch and not worry about them.

I guess our bodies need to rest once in awhile when we are ill, but it is hard to do when you have plans! I am going to work today and feel a little better, but still kind of tired. I don't have to cook tonight because we are going to Hayden's open house at the school and they are having a BBQ for all the parents - yea!

It makes me really appreciate my good health when I have a sick day and it makes me very thankful that I did get good news last week at the doctor.

"'But I will restore your health and heal your wounds,' declares the Lord." Jeremiah 30:17a


~ Sharon

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I pray that you're feeling better today, Sharon. :0) Your graphic in this post totally made me smile! Really neat.

Sondra said...

Hope you are feeling better. Sometimes it is good to take a long day of rest. I love the verse in Jeremiah, how it helps us in time of sickness to know that He cares!

Julieann said...

((Sharon))) I hope you are feeling better!! I so relate to what you said, about appreciating your health. I have a hard time being sick and watching life all around me.

Julieann

nannykim said...

wow--sure hope you are feeling better and have renewed strengh--if you are up to it I have a challenge for you--go to my blog and look at the post for Sept 25 on Thankful again--smiling in the heart--read it, comment, and then post on your own blog a list of things that you are thankful for or that make you smile in your heart. Blessings upon you ;-)

Sharon said...

Thank you for your sweet comments, concerns and prayers! I do feel better now, but am worried I could have round two because that is what happened to Grayson. I will take it easy and one day at a time!

Hugs to all of you! Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...