Saturday, September 15, 2007

My Fledgling Has Flown Out Of The Nest

Well, this day has come, the first fledgling has left the nest. Cameron finished his packing today and has officially moved out. I am amazed that I am doing so well! I feel really happy and really good about all of it. It took him three trips. He doesn't want us to come over until he is settled because he wants us to his new place all fixed up.

I thought I should commemorate this day, but couldn't think of anything very big and special, so I went to the store and bought him a bunch of gifts to remind him of home. I wanted to get him things he could use, so I bought a bucket and filled it with things to remind him of home in case he gets a little sad. I bought a cranberry candle, fresh linen room spray, some dish towels, a Halloween mug, a candy dish with candy in it, some Doritos, cake mix and a Home Baked meal so he will feel like he has home cooking! I also gave him a card telling him how much we love him and how proud we are of him.

We're so proud of him!

I'm going to miss him so much!

I know he will do awesome! 

Eric and I prayed with Cameron and took pictures, and he drove away, just like that. Wow, I think I am kind of numb. I really hope and pray that this does not hit me like a ton of bricks later. I hope that I can feel just like I do right now, just really happy for him and really good that he is on the right track.
I think were are going over there tomorrow and see his new place!! Yea!

“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.” Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

~Sharon

2 comments:

Julieann said...

Oh yes--I just love that verse:)

I think your gift is absolutely perfect--I am going to make a mental note of that for when it is time for my little ones to go.

I can't wait to hear all about your visit with him.

Julieann

Sondra said...

I almost cried for you when I was reading. Your gift to him was so similar the the gift I gave Billy when he left. I got him a laundry basket and filled it with detergent, towels,candles, a candy dish, candy, ect. How funny that we both thought about giving them the same things! I was reading one of your earlier posts when you were saying about how some mothers can't wait for the kids to go, and how you just don't understand that. I agree with you! This has been the hardest thing for me as I watch Billy and Wesley move on with their own lives. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...